Gigs

TopCat

Striker
Going to see The Proclaimers in Newcastle tonight. Doors open at 6.30pm but they aren't due on stage until about 8:30pm with a support act on first.

As someone who never goes to gigs, what is the protocol here? Can i just rock up at 8pm and take my seat as I have no interest in any support act, nor do I fancy standing around for an hour for no reason.....
Am assuming they don't lock the doors when the first band goes on?

Going to see The Proclaimers in Newcastle tonight. Doors open at 6.30pm but they aren't due on stage until about 8:30pm with a support act on first.

As someone who never goes to gigs, what is the protocol here? Can i just rock up at 8pm and take my seat as I have no interest in any support act, nor do I fancy standing around for an hour for no reason.....
Not for them.

Yeah,as long as your timing is right.Be a few in earlier either watching first band or in the bar

Cheers all. I could do without going to be honest, but the missus (no) is looking forward to it. might get her to drive and have a few beers

Cheers all. I could do without going to be honest, but the missus (no) is looking forward to it. might get her to drive and have a few beers
Get yasel there and enjoy it man.
Ive seen all from sorts from the Pistols to Kylie to Frank Sinatra tributes.
If you like the tunes, enjoy them.

I think they lock the doors to keep you in once you arrive at a Proclaimers concert and you can`t escape until the end. Good luck ;)

The Proclaimers were a support band once. At the time they would have been called “plus Support”.

OP would have missed them. Oh well.

Personally I always give the support act at least three songs before I go to the bar. On many occasions I’ve stayed for longer coz they’ve been good - and invariably have gone on to bigger things. I don’t remember a lot of it mind coz it was the 70s and most of them are dead now

Do you know who the support acts are? Sometimes you’re pleasantly surprised and see some class bands. It also builds the anticipation.
Agreed. Earlier this year my son and I went to see K.Flay and Sir Sly opened for her. I had heard a song here and there but they hadn't really caught my attention but they put on a great show. I was really impressed.

How far are you travelling to see them?

Back