Gibson hoping manager and new style of play can turn his Sunderland career around

Looks as though Gibson is putting in the effort and looks to be in Coleman's plans, will be a good replacement for cattermole, because we can't play both, does not work....

Looks as though Gibson is putting in the effort and looks to be in Coleman's plans, will be a good replacement for cattermole, because we can't play both, does not work....
I agree with that, tbh he's slightly less of a liability than Catts atm, that's how far he's plummeted, hurry back Ndong ffs!

I honestly think that in the right side Gibson would be useful, i.e. with youthful and energetic players around him. He's still a fat knacker, but he can pass a football. However we have too many players like him in Catts, O'shea etc and having a squad who have been largely shot with confidence, rolling over too easily and not organised in the best way has resulted in players who have a bit of experience and a little bit of nous just looking like exposed old men. Hopefully Coleman can put that right because the reality is at this level there are few players, if any, who are allrounders who don't have issues with their game - its all about organising yourselves so you capitalise on the strengths.

Renowned for striking the ball well earlier in his career, a few goals from outside the box would help the cause.

He was never renowned for striking the bell well by anyone except David Moyes who mentioned it when he signed him, check his stats he averages about a goal a season if that :neutral:

Last edited:
Aye. And you're sticking up for him which is pretty much my point. After he's gone,no one will say we hate him. If he came back to the SOL in a couple of years with another team we'd applaud him.
Fair point.

No one can hate Vaughan really, his work rate is superb. He played the final 10 mins of one game when he couldn't even jog without being in pain ffs. :lol:

He was never renowned for striking the bell well by anyone except David Moyes who mentioned it when he signed him, check his stats he averages about a goal a season if that :neutral:
It's what I thought he was renowned for long before he came to us.

I don't know why I always fall for it and I promised myself I wouldn't this time but what he's saying about Coleman has got me really hyped for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
To be a success with the fans here, all you have to do is give everything. That means looking after yourself, being professional, training hard and busting a gut in games. Do that and we forgive almost anything else, will make allowances for mistakes and poor performances and to be honest he and other players do that, they'll win more games than not in this league. If he wants to turn his career round here and get another contract, just be that player who we recognise gives everything and he'll be a success.
The fans at the game, I agree. Posters on here? Not likely. :lol:

This, we've had people that do all those things but were pretty shite and so were disliked by the majority.
The hatred directed at good honest (but not very good) players on here is often laughable.

Last edited:

Back