Giant Poundland opening in City Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where TJ Hughes used to be, just what the city centre needs eh :oops::roll:

Is it wrong that i like Poundland?:oops:

Dont think Poundland is the issue, or it wouldnt be if the council hadnt fucked up a huge development site at Vaux.

Town centres need everything, unfortunately negligence has dictated that the balance of our town is in favour of budget shops:evil:

Bagpuss said:

Dont think Poundland is the issue, or it wouldnt be if the council hadnt fucked up a huge development site at Vaux.

Town centres need everything, unfortunately negligence has dictated that the balance of our town is in favour of budget shops:evil:

No different to most less affluent areas.

Life's about opinions mate and you're entitled to your hundred penny's worth.

As AndrewP says, I think it has everything to do with the area's spending habits and little to do with negligence.

What good would a huge designer outlet be? It would be empty within months imo.

Where TJ Hughes used to be, just what the city centre needs eh :oops::roll::roll:

We should open a Harrods, that's exactly what the city needs.
For a different view, they have loads of these type of shops in Tokyo and they are seen as a tourist attraction and are mentioned in guide books.
What type of store do you think would survive in one of the poorest regions in the country?

No different to most less affluent areas.

Our City centre would sustain a development of higher end shops, bars etc.

The Vaux fuck up simply means the huge market of people who will spend in these places do so in Newcastle and Durham.

People who live and earn in Sunderland (or Newcastle) should have the opportunity to spend their money in Sunderland imho.:oops:

Our City centre would sustain a development of higher end shops, bars etc.

The Vaux fuck up simply means the huge market of people who will spend in these places do so in Newcastle and Durham.

People who live and earn in Sunderland (or Newcastle) should have the opportunity to spend their money in Sunderland imho.:oops:

I can't agree mate. I don't think that the vaux site (or sight!) is making people shop elsewhere at all.

I can't imagine someone thinking "I need some new high-end clothing but I refuse to shop in Sunderland after the Vaux site debacle".

Although I agree that it was a fuck up, I don't think it affects peoples decision making on where to shop.

EDIT: And also our city centre categorically will not sustain high end bars, many have tried and failed miserably. There are now none or maybe one high end bars in the city.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back