Ghostbusters 2020

Having watched the 2016 version, I can honestly say to those that haven’t given it a watch - you haven’t missed much!

Definitely should be placed in a containment unit for simply existing!

I’m surprised nearly all the surviving cast from the original made cameos in it (Murray, Aykroyd, Weaver, Hudson, Potts)

Easily replaced by John Turturro, the fella from Barton Fink. I thought they were the same bloke for years.

Logon or register to see this image
Nah. Nobody can replace Egon Spengler man. :cool:

I meant more the writing. Ramis wrote Ghostbusters (and Caddyshack, Animal House, Groundhog Day, Meatballs, Analyze This... etc) his cheesy style of writing has it's own feel about it. You can almost tell you're watching a Ramis film. I don't think anyone can replicate that.

Because I liked the classic and wanted a follow up?

Seems your the ones who's triggered mate
:D

I’m just asking you questions about why you like/don’t like stuff. You shouldn’t get so wound up, mate.

Anyway if you like the original you should eat h the second one. It’s oretty much the original but with a different cast. What’s not to like?

How would I be angry as I don't want to watch something?

I don't watch Coronation Street but don't rage that it's on the TV?

How would I be angry as I don't want to watch something?

I don't watch Coronation Street but don't rage that it's on the TV?
I’m just curious why you don’t want to watch it, especially as you’ve said you’re a big fan of the first one, and it’s pretty much the same just updated. Sounds perfect for you.

Stick to your guns, it's chod when you've seem the original as a kid. For someone who hasn't seen the original, it would pass an hour or so, but quite forgettable.
Most remakes are, when you saw the originals as a kid. Even when you watch the originals again as adults they’re never as good as they were when you were little.

The 2016 version wasn’t for us.

The 2016 version wasn’t for us.

It wasn’t for anyone. Very few of the current era of remakes are for anyone. They are a product of executives who have no ideas looking to put bums on seats for long enough to keep their bloated businesses going for a bit longer.

I don’t blame the cast of the remake for how it panned out. Their counterparts in the 80s were very similar to them - the biggest comedy stars in America with success on SNL, looking to break into films. The difference was that the 80s version of this scenario had the opportunity to present a new idea for a film, something that hadn’t ever really been done before and get a studio to give them serious blockbuster money to do it. There is just no way in hell that a film studio would do that now, so they assemble some names on a product that’s been done before.

If that had been the prevailing attitude back then not only would there be no Ghostbusters to remake, there’d have been no Raiders of the Lost Ark, probably no Star Wars, Terminator, Back to the Future, Alien, Romancing the Stone, Gremlins, Beverly Hills Cop, The Goonies, Fletch, Top Gun, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard etc etc

I’m just curious why you don’t want to watch it, especially as you’ve said you’re a big fan of the first one, and it’s pretty much the same just updated. Sounds perfect for you.

Because it looked bad in the trailer? Seems I'm not alone if they have sacked it off and are rebooting the original with the same actors?

If I don't like the look of something I won't bother watching it.

Doesn't mean that I'm angry just means I'm not bothered about watching it so haven't.

Back