Ghostbusters 2020

It probably will if it continues the fan bashing rather than listening to legit criticism.

Nope, those darn broflake...........

Jason Reitman Is Directing 'Ghostbusters 3,' And It's All Your Fault
I got the impression from reading this article that the gross profit of the 2016 remake indicated it wasn't the success that the filmmakers expected or needed. Whether that was down to people staying away from it because it was an all female cast or that the film was just awful isn't made clear - and is probably impossible to ever find out because it's subjective. The writer gives his opinion that he felt the remake was as good as the original but that's just his opinion and obviously wasn't shared by filmgoers.
However, a 3rd sequel makes perfect sense if some of the original characters can be brought back in as it would be seen as a continuation of the original concept.

She's easy on the eye but to be fair she's a rubbish actress, especially if you compare her to Felicity Jones who did Rogue One

Fair comment - but you've ignored the rules!

I really enjoyed Rogue One - much better than any of the prequels, sequels or Solo.

Ghostbusters 2 but I'll let you off because it has my favourite line.. "Doh... Ray... Egonnnn!"

Also, Janine was a major f***ing WAD!!! Didn't realise as a kid how lovely she was.

Logon or register to see this image
Agreed. But Ms. Weaver was the hottest thing about GB1, even more so when she was possessed by Zuul to become the Gatekeeper

Arl ower the top of that building

Agreed. But Ms. Weaver was the hottest thing about GB1, even more so when she was possessed by Zuul to become the Gatekeeper

Arl ower the top of that building
I've never liked Sigourney.

You did remind me about a line in GB1 that shocked me when I rewatched it recently though. During that scene where she's laying on the bed possessed by Zuul she says to Bill Murray "I want you inside of me". It definitely went over my head as a bairn. Nearly spat my tea out when I heard it the other week.

Great film. If you haven't watched it for 10+ years like myself I highly recommend giving it a rewatch.

I got the impression from reading this article that the gross profit of the 2016 remake indicated it wasn't the success that the filmmakers expected or needed. Whether that was down to people staying away from it because it was an all female cast or that the film was just awful isn't made clear - and is probably impossible to ever find out because it's subjective. The writer gives his opinion that he felt the remake was as good as the original but that's just his opinion and obviously wasn't shared by filmgoers.
However, a 3rd sequel makes perfect sense if some of the original characters can be brought back in as it would be seen as a continuation of the original concept.

The article leaves a deeply unpleasant taste and is part of a seemingly larger campaign by the media that people who dislike it have to be a) male, b) sexist and c) misogynist.
If it wanted to be honest, it could have saved 2 paragraphs just by saying it was a big box office disappointment (Ghostbusters fails to top US box office with $46m opening weekend)
The negative feedback seems to come from just how bad the first trailer was. Interestingly, there is a good shout that the comments section for it was modified to make it appear that the sexism problem was way bigger than it actually was:

Back