Ghostbuster: Afterlife

So the fact they were women was a problem?
Surely the fact it was shit was the problem?
Just because “the gammons” as you call them (embarrassing crack IMO) made their mind up prior to seeing it, doesn’t make it any less shit.
They need to stop this retconning and make new, great female characters.
It’s insulting to women and men what they’re doing now.

Suppose the difference is that those gammons had decided beforehand that the 2016 version was shit. It was spammed with negative ratings before anyone had seen it on review aggregation sites, and the general conversation around it was toxic.
There might’ve been but really it was just utter shite

People who cite RT or IMDB ratings must be incapable of forming their own opinions.

This new Ghostbusters hopefully captures some of the spirit of the first two. Most films serve an agenda nowadays. Good or bad, right or wrong it's not going to change.

Whoa there Errant - Back to the Future 2 is pretty good and the only thing that spoils 3 is the very end
back to the future 2 is the poorest of the three films, but still better than ghostbusters 2 and the less said about gremlins 2 the better.
Hollywood ran out of ideas for original movies years ago.
i think hollywood realised a few years back they didn't make money out of original content, people want the greatest hits. i think the ideas are still there, its the studios don't green light them when the franchise cash-cows get bums on seats.

Last edited:
Its a decent guide, but its not the be all and end all.
I can't say I've ever looked at either. I see a film trailer. I either watch the film or not. Sometimes I just see a film listed and watch it.

I have watched some garbage over the years.

I mean, you're not helping your own cause there :lol:
But I've never seen watching a film as a waste of time. Unless it's a Michael Bay one and even he has odd moments. Films are made to be watched.

I've also seen some absolute gems where I went in totally cold.

back to the future 2 is the poorest of the three films, but still better than ghostbusters 2 and the less said about gremlins 2 the better.

i think hollywood realised a few years back they didn't make money out of original content, people want the greatest hits. i think the ideas are still there, its the studios don't green light them when the franchise cash-cows get bums on seats.
I agree Gremlins 2 was not great, I would be entirely up for reboot though whereas BTTF doesn’t have the same appeal despite quite liking all of them.
This Ghostbusters looks like I might really like it but then I had reasonably high hopes for the last Indiana Jones movie and that was tosh.

People who cite RT or IMDB ratings must be incapable of forming their own opinions.

This new Ghostbusters hopefully captures some of the spirit of the first two. Most films serve an agenda nowadays. Good or bad, right or wrong it's not going to change.
It's difficult to form an opinion when the film hasn't been released yet.

Back