Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Sometimes it's almost impossible to move or gain any decent speed! I'm at the point where I'm just bashing my f***ing buttons in a rage in the hopes I'll at least move an inch or so! :evil:

It's not too bad when you suss it. Just need to press the power button to get some height and press forward. As soon as you see the copter start to dip let go of forward and just hold the power button. You will go forward at speed. Then use forward and back to dip and dive between mountains and shit. Pretty easy.

It's not too bad when you suss it. Just need to press the power button to get some height and press forward. As soon as you see the copter start to dip let go of forward and just hold the power button. You will go forward at speed. Then use forward and back to dip and dive between mountains and shit. Pretty easy.

I will try your technique for sure!! Thanks! At the minute I'd get to places quicker just f***ing running!!

I will try your technique for sure!! Thanks! At the minute I'd get to places quicker just f***ing running!!

Any luck? Works great on PC with mouse and keyboard. Just gotta wait for the initial "dip" and then you know your heli is doing enough speed to just cruise along with the "accelerator" button.

Any luck? Works great on PC with mouse and keyboard. Just gotta wait for the initial "dip" and then you know your heli is doing enough speed to just cruise along with the "accelerator" button.

Not yet! Been avoiding using the fuckers where possible! :lol:
Will definitely try this technique though.

FUCK THE HELICOPTERS!!! :evil:

Last edited:
Not yet! Been avoiding using the fuckers where possible! :lol:
Will definitely try this technique though.

FUCK THE HELICOPTERS!!! :evil:

Can't live without them myself. Hate taking ages to get anywhere so got my helicopter dropoff up straight away and just fly everywhere in seconds. Sick of smashing cars up off cliffs and over rocks and constantly having to fight enemies as you drive past.

Copters are the way forward. Managed to nick an Apache/Cobra (whatever it is) last night but got shot down in seconds. Gutted as took ages to fight my way to it. Mind it didn't help that my AI pals were all doing the total of sweet FA as per usual.

Can't live without them myself. Hate taking ages to get anywhere so got my helicopter dropoff up straight away and just fly everywhere in seconds. Sick of smashing cars up off cliffs and over rocks and constantly having to fight enemies as you drive past.

Copters are the way forward. Managed to nick an Apache/Cobra (whatever it is) last night but got shot down in seconds. Gutted as took ages to fight my way to it. Mind it didn't help that my AI pals were all doing the total of sweet FA as per usual.

Lastnight, I gave this new sound advice a go! Gets in the chopper, and I'm literally moving a millimetre! I'm using the throttle then waiting for the dip, then accelerating...fuck all!! I just hover there like a f***ing idiot...then BOOM...f***ing missile takes me out! Raging!!! Fuck these f***ing stupid things! I'd rather walk! :evil:

Lastnight, I gave this new sound advice a go! Gets in the chopper, and I'm literally moving a millimetre! I'm using the throttle then waiting for the dip, then accelerating...fuck all!! I just hover there like a f***ing idiot...then BOOM...f***ing missile takes me out! Raging!!! Fuck these f***ing stupid things! I'd rather walk! :evil:

Women drivers :rolleyes::lol:

:lol:

You are not doing it right then. Get in copter. Press the accelerator to get off the ground a little bit. Then press forward (keep the accelerator pressed at all times). The copter will dip forward but not lose height and speed up. Keep going and it will pick up more speed. Once it's at speed it will then start dipping and losing height. At this point stop pressing forward and just keep your finger on the accelerator button (shift on PC).

Women in helicopters...what next!!!

Are you using trigger stops on your controller? That might stop the accelerator from engaging on the helicopter. I've had the same bother on Destiny when I drive the Sparrow with the trigger stops engaged on my pad.

Right...so I tried it again. Did exactly what GS said. Thought f***ing hell...I'm flying...with speed! This is great! Then forgot your last vital instruction due to the sheer joy I was feeling...and didn't take my finger off the accelerator...and crash landed and died :lol: But I'm getting there!!

Now who wants me on their team? :lol:

Mooched about in a chopper, @Giddup Sausage! You're technique is spot on mate. I was flying under bridges and through canyons at speed in no time. Didn't stop me dodging any missiles. Apart from one that knackered the chopper. I bailed, opened chute and was then killed by flying debris! :lol::lol::lol:

Missiles are pretty easy to dodge, just move left or right and they tend to just fly past. Been still hit by a few like as they get shot from all over in the harder areas. I got hit by one and by the time my bodgy got out of the copter and had a little cutscene showing it I basically faceplanted into the ground. Daft twat, was screaming to just get out and open the f***ing chute!!!

Lads!!!!! I just flew 3km with speed, precision and absolute perfection! :D:cool:

You can pay me later for the helicopter lessons.

loving this..I made the mistake of going to a high level difficulty area and they are definitely quicker to spot you and more persistent at hunting you down

gone back to a 2 skulls area, attacking a big cocaine factory last night with a village close by was superb cat and mouse..each assault is like a little puzzle game, watch and observe, pick of narcos in ones and twos as they patrol, if only there was a way to cycle day and night quicker as I prefer to switch on the night vision and hide in the dark

I also only just found out I can shoot out smaller street lamps and house lights to darken areas!

c4 is a huge help in attacking the convoys as well, much more controlled than mines, same for those building assault side missions, as you can breach multiple doors

I also only just realised all the resources you gather go towards the higher skill picks, as they require resources as well as skill points!!

Just did the silver mine mission. Spent ages doing the whole 3 parts to it. Died at the final second of the last section. Makes me start at the very beginning! That can get to fuck!!! :evil:

Back