Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Well, I've played a canny bit over the last couple of days, and have to say, sadly it's not for me.

It's the Division meets far cry meets watchdogs. Too much of the division is prevalent and it's all just too much faff. The enemy AI is dogshit aswell, meaning just like any GR game since 2, they see you through walls, trees, even behind cars when you're about 200m away.

Well, I've played a canny bit over the last couple of days, and have to say, sadly it's not for me.

It's the Division meets far cry meets watchdogs. Too much of the division is prevalent and it's all just too much faff. The enemy AI is dogshit aswell, meaning just like any GR game since 2, they see you through walls, trees, even behind cars when you're about 200m away.
I've never been spotted through walls or trees mind. In fact I did a whole town stealthily and was hidden in bushes at one point with a guy right next to me.

I'm enjoying it. Finding it really is about planning and timing. Knowing what patrols the AI take and what not. Level design is brilliant and the physics seem spot on.

Played it a bit over the weekend, it's just missing *something*. It's canny but it isn't anywhere near the hype it's garnering. The AI blokes (solo) seem to do fuck all. Only seem to matter when you need a revive, shooting from the car/helicopter or sync shots. It's just an openworld go here watch the guard patterns, pick out all blokes with the drone, and take them out one at a time (till you fuck it up and end up in just another big firefight).

The open world is nice, but it's just a time sync most of the time getting from A to B. Hate the driving so just go for the copter every time as less of a fuck on.

I'm in 2 minds whether to shell out for it or not, or like the Division wait for a bit. Not sure how much playability will be left once you complete it!?

Me and my friends have been playing it, started off quite liking it. Thought it was what Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain should have been. However the more i've played it, the more mundane and easy it's getting, enjoy the challenge of having to the stealth but it's not really that hard. All the lads i play games with are having a wankathon over it, but unless it improves i don't think i'll bother with it.

Bought this as was bored fuckless with nowt to play, actually enjoying it. The map looks f***ing HUGE when you can actually go where you want and do any of the side missions etc. Playing it solo as can't be arsed with people and the AI is shite. Mostly just stand around doing sweet FA till they get spotted or have to heal you because they stood 10 foot from an enemy watching them come behind and kill you. Only seem useful in vehicles and for the sync shots.

Seems to be very samey though with the same shit over and over, so hoping it won't become too stale too quick. Doesn't have the loot focus like The Division so not sure what will happen when it's completed. Guessing uninstall and see what DLC comes out, that they will no doubt take your eyes out for and I'll refuse to buy...

Are you playing it on Ultra? What are your PC specs / what FPS are you getting?
just in very high.okay just done the benchmark again and averages 86fps
I may try it on ultra and see if I can average 60fps

i5-6600k slight overclock and a 1070 gtx

Last edited:

Back