Ghost of Tsushima

payne

Striker
Anyone going to get this?

Seems that the reviews are in the 7-9 range so should at least be decent.

Surprised the file size is only 35 gig for a modern open world game, especially as reviewers are saying it looks great. Maybe the open world isn't too big but filled with stuff to do.

I had planned to wait until it came down in price but I think I might get it now when it comes out, just finished TLOU2 so looking for something to play. Always liked Sucker punches games in the past

The trailer looks brilliant. I'd heard it's Souls-like; is that the case? Can't be arsed with savagely punishing games.

The trailer looks brilliant. I'd heard it's Souls-like; is that the case? Can't be arsed with savagely punishing games.
Think it looks a bit more like assassins creed in terms of combat. I'm hoping it's not too similar to that myself. The setting/world looks incredible though so I'm looking forward to it.

It's not meant to be hard like a souls game but it does take some of the combat characteristics, i.e timing and parry. Jedi Fallen Order did the same and it was fine.......until the last fight.

For the first hour or so I thought this felt a bit flat and underwhelming after the wild ride that was TLOU2 but I soon got over it and I'm now completely hooked.

For the first hour or so I thought this felt a bit flat and underwhelming after the wild ride that was TLOU2 but I soon got over it and I'm now completely hooked.
agree with this after finishing off TLOU2. This is very much back to playing "a game" as enjoyable as it is, its nowhere near as enjoyable as the immersive experience that TLOU2 was. After you get killed its also annoying to have to go back and complete most of an area that you've already done as opposed to the way TLOU did it that you picked up pretty much where you were killed so that the flow of the narrative wasnt affected.

Just completed Act 1, I'm enjoying this. The story is canny and the characters are well fleshed out already. The cutscenes are class and the sword play is very enjoyable when it works.

I do hope a few things might get patched, the camera and auto locking need changing. I've lost count of how many times I've been trying to attack someone directly in front of me but you're locked into someone behind you who's further away and less of a threat.

Where this game really excels is in the 1v1 boss battles. The presentation is all you want if you're into Samurai Cinema/Kurosawa's movies.

Also fighting indoors is bloody difficult because of the camera, the mission variety it's lacking a bit but that's by the by in most open world games now.

Again with the camera, when them golden birds show up it's difficult to track them cos the camera doesn't focus or lock on to it.

The AI is thick as owt when you're using stealth :lol:

Last edited:
Really enjoying this. It's one of the few games where I actually enjoying doing all the side stuff and collecting things. II think I've only done 3 missions of the main quest and have already fully upgraded by knife.

About to do a story mission where it looks like I get a new armour. I've just been mooching about in the traveller one this whole time.

Back