Ghost of Tsushima

Same, Directors Cut is only on Playstation and is £59.99.

Might actually buy the disc version
Mad that it's still full price. They do put it on sale now and then so maybe Easter discounts on PSN. Good game when I played on PS4. Will be great at 60fps on PS5 I'd imagine.

Mad that it's still full price. They do put it on sale now and then so maybe Easter discounts on PSN. Good game when I played on PS4. Will be great at 60fps on PS5 I'd imagine.
they've done similar with Watch dogs Legion, standard edition gone from the PS store, just the upgraded versions and normal price.

Most games i am wanting to play have now been upgraded to the PS5, so time to bite the bullet and get one, problem is they are still out of stock everywhere.

they've done similar with Watch dogs Legion, standard edition gone from the PS store, just the upgraded versions and normal price.

Most games i am wanting to play have now been upgraded to the PS5, so time to bite the bullet and get one, problem is they are still out of stock everywhere.
yeah it's a bastard for most. I was lucky enough to have the stock informer app and amazon on my phone and as soon as the notification went off I'd bought one in like 30 seconds. Queuing on sites seems like a complete lottery

Last edited:
yeah it's a bastard for most. I was lucky enough to have the stock informer app and amazon on my phone and as soon as the notification went off I'd bought one in like 30 seconds. Queuing on sites seems like a complete lottery
Aye pretty much done similar now. Checking other websites daily as well.

just reading this back....surely they still sell a PS4 copy though?

Yeah £60 for ps4 or ps4 and Ps5 for 70.

Just got resident evil 2 instead. Hopefully tie me over till I get me hands on a ps5

Finished it and haven't traded it in yet so if you want it on ps5 gis a shout and we'll sort a price out. Great game by the way.

I got my ps5 by installing the hotstock app. Thought it was shit, realised I hadn't turned notifications on and got one pretty much straight away. Pre Christmas mind so may have been more stock then.

Finished the main story yesterday, some thoughts:

Positives:
- really memorable, enjoyable combat
- excellent, thought-provoking story
- beautiful world
- decent economy, and upgrades didn't feel like a grind
- vanity upgrades were nice - good choices and combos available

Negatives:
- world was beautiful, but didn't feel 'alive' like Red Dead 2 does for example
- Gets repetitive
- Side quests felt more like shopping/grind than a nice distraction from the story.

ED: The armour you get in Act 3 from clearing out the mongol camps would have been really nice to have an Act earlier.

Last edited:
Finished it and haven't traded it in yet so if you want it on ps5 gis a shout and we'll sort a price out. Great game by the way.

I got my ps5 by installing the hotstock app. Thought it was shit, realised I hadn't turned notifications on and got one pretty much straight away. Pre Christmas mind so may have been more stock then.
Cheers, although just planning on getting the digital version.

Have downloaded that app as well. Just seen Shopto had some over the weekend, gone now ffs.

Cheers, although just planning on getting the digital version.

Have downloaded that app as well. Just seen Shopto had some over the weekend, gone now ffs.

I like hard copies, finish it and trade it in.
Finished the main story yesterday, some thoughts:

Positives:
- really memorable, enjoyable combat
- excellent, thought-provoking story
- beautiful world
- decent economy, and upgrades didn't feel like a grind
- vanity upgrades were nice - good choices and combos available

Negatives:
- world was beautiful, but didn't feel 'alive' like Red Dead 2 does for example
- Gets repetitive
- Side quests felt more like shopping/grind than a nice distraction from the story.

ED: The armour you get in Act 3 from clearing out the mongol camps would have been really nice to have an Act earlier.

I'd go along with most of that, though I loved the world. The fetch and carry bog standard side quests were a little dull at times, as is usually the case, though I liked the way the Tales quests fleshed out some of the main side characters.

Combat was fluid, especially once you got used to toggling stances to match the opposition, though enemies were too samey.

Last edited:

I'd go along with most of that, though I loved the world. The fetch and carry bog standard side quests were a little dull at times, as is usually the case, though I liked the way the Tales quests fleshed out some of the main side characters.

Combat was fluid, especially once you got used to toggling stances to match the opposition, though enemies were too samey.
The Tales were excellent, but digging out Fox den after fox den gets a bit dry.

One thing that was a nice variety were the shrines - canny little jumping puzzles.

Ed: agree on the enemies, but the Ronin were always a tricky little challenge.

The companion side quests were decent and the 1 v 1 battles were good. The rest as you say were just fetch quests.

The Tales were excellent, but digging out Fox den after fox den gets a bit dry.

One thing that was a nice variety were the shrines - canny little jumping puzzles.

Ed: agree on the enemies, but the Ronin were always a tricky little challenge.

Yurikos Tale was very well written.

The ronin were quite a leap in difficulty at first. I started Act 2 and got shredded in the first big fight with them as was too confident.

Kunai were overpowered, the other ghost stuff I rarely used.

At first I had this up there with Horzon Zero Dawn but I think the main thing Horizon had over GoT for me was enemy design and variety. I'll be playing Forbidden West at some point, looking forward to it.

The ronin were quite a leap in difficulty at first. I started Act 2 and got shredded in the first big fight with them as was too confident.

At first I had this up there with Horzon Zero Dawn but I think the main thing Horizon had over GoT for me was enemy design and variety. I'll be playing Forbidden West at some point, looking forward to it.
It's fantastic. I've only been doing side stuff for most of the 15 hours I've played so far. There always seems to be a good reason/reward to do them.

Agreed with the above.

One more thing - the duels were utterly fantastic.

Back