October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

Struggling to bury the dead in Rome.

Funeral home operators staged a protest in Rome on Friday over a desperate situation they say has left almost 2,000 coffins in the Italian capital waiting weeks or even months to be cremated.
Rome registers about 15-18,000 requests for cremations every year, for which families must go through a “tortuous” bureaucratic journey involving the local cemetery, the municipal agency AMA and the registrar office.

Lorella Pesaresi, whose husband died in January after testing positive for coronavirus while undergoing chemotherapy, said:

It’s been three months that I’ve been waiting for my husband’s cremation, and still nothing has been done.
It’s not fair – coronavirus and now this.

Struggling to bury the dead in Rome.

Funeral home operators staged a protest in Rome on Friday over a desperate situation they say has left almost 2,000 coffins in the Italian capital waiting weeks or even months to be cremated.
Rome registers about 15-18,000 requests for cremations every year, for which families must go through a “tortuous” bureaucratic journey involving the local cemetery, the municipal agency AMA and the registrar office.

Lorella Pesaresi, whose husband died in January after testing positive for coronavirus while undergoing chemotherapy, said:
That's pretty novel. Cremating after burial.
That's pretty novel. Cremating after burial.
A less confusing version.
Rome funeral workers protest as coffins pile up in cemeteries | Reuters

Last edited:
Amazing statistics showing how the UK has turned covid deaths on it's head in a couple of months. Meanwhile the other major countries in Europe have largely stagnated.

We've gone from 8,000 deaths a week, nearly 30,000 in 4 weeks to 300 a week and just over a 1,000 in 4 weeks. Staggering stats.

Amazing statistics showing how the UK has turned covid deaths on it's head in a couple of months. Meanwhile the other major countries in Europe have largely stagnated.

We've gone from 8,000 deaths a week, nearly 30,000 in 4 weeks to 300 a week and just over a 1,000 in 4 weeks. Staggering stats.

And the EU are still playing politics with vaccines and lives

One in the eye, or the arm, for the anti vaxers

I’m still surprised the number of people on here clearly enjoying the fact people are dying in the EU...seems some can’t make the distinction between the EU as a political organisation and the people who happen to live in this countries.

The footballisation of politics is alive and well.

I’m still surprised the number of people on here clearly enjoying the fact people are dying in the EU...seems some can’t make the distinction between the EU as a political organisation and the people who happen to live in this countries.

Harsh, I’m not taking any pleasure in deaths in Europe but I do continue to find it incredible where they have drawn the line regarding the risks of vaccination

It seems to me more lives are being lost than saved by their “safety first” policy

Harsh, I’m not taking any pleasure in deaths in Europe but I do continue to find it incredible where they have drawn the line regarding the risks of vaccination

It seems to me more lives are being lost than saved by their “safety first” policy

I didn’t mean you, sorry. There are certain posters in this forum who are clearly loving it, because they dislike the EU as a political organisation.

Alas I cannot name them as I have been warned by a moderator I cannot accuse any individual of this.

I didn’t mean you, sorry. There are certain posters in this forum who are clearly loving it, because they dislike the EU as a political organisation.

Alas I cannot name them as I have been warned by a moderator I cannot accuse any individual of this.
Isnt this what politics has become though, the mad 10% either side scream and shout the loudest and post all over social media where the remaining 80% get drowned out or bored with the pointless arguments.

Its exactly like you say, turned into a football like argument where blind loyalty overtakes everything else.

Just thinking, Why do Viruses exist ?, What do they gain ? apparently a virus exists only to reproduce why?
There is a long answer, but the short one is they help to keep whatever species evolving. Are they intellgent? basically, everything is, they just don't have hormones and sentment.

i don't think anyone of sane mind it taking any pleasure of the situation in europe.

the problem is really the one's who have absolutely hammered boris and co. (quite rightly at times) but refuse to accept any criticism of the eu despite their failings. i can understand why some might be enjoying arguing the toss with pro eu posters mind given the years of one way abuse dished out for years.

Really ?
The EU are not playing any politics. Health authorities and medical experts within individual member countries are advocating caution about vaccines within certain age groups, very much the same as in the UK. Also, you seem oblivious of other countries worldwide who are using the same caution. Why do you (and others) insist on singling out the EU ?
You also seem to not acknowledge at all the fact that the age groups who are not been given the AstraZeneca vaccine are receiving alternative vaccines so your assertion that the EU is playing with peoples lives is also completely false. Stop this nonsense please.

Really ?
The EU are not playing any politics. Health authorities and medical experts within individual member countries are advocating caution about vaccines within certain age groups, very much the same as in the UK. Also, you seem oblivious of other countries worldwide who are using the same caution. Why do you (and others) insist on singling out the EU ?
You also seem to not acknowledge at all the fact that the age groups who are not been given the AstraZeneca vaccine are receiving alternative vaccines so your assertion that the EU is playing with peoples lives is also completely false. Stop this nonsense please.

The EU Commission have made a political issue of this at times, to say nothing of the utterances from a number of French politicians in particular who have made statements that were clearly made for internal politics, Thierry Bretton re his statement about the UK begging the EU for vaccines, as one example. I can't recall any such provocation coming from the UK ministers and don't for a second think that I am a supporter of our Government but the roll-out of the vaccine has been their one saving grace in this pandemic and it would appear that this is irritating some on the continent.

How can something which isn’t technically a living organism be intelligent?
Your PC is intelligent, an atom has intelligence, everything is connected by some level of intelligence otherwise we wouldn't exist.

Covid produced variants when we discovered a vaccine...concidence?

The EU Commission have made a political issue of this at times, to say nothing of the utterances from a number of French politicians in particular who have made statements that were clearly made for internal politics, Thierry Bretton re his statement about the UK begging the EU for vaccines, as one example. I can't recall any such provocation coming from the UK ministers and don't for a second think that I am a supporter of our Government but the roll-out of the vaccine has been their one saving grace in this pandemic and it would appear that this is irritating some on the continent.
Is it irritating them ? They don't want the AZ it seems but neither does anyone bar India.
Talking to my brother in oz it seems they want the Pfizer jab as well so either this is a global conspiracy against the AZ or something is amiss.
The USA will not touch it either.

Back