October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

Didnt the US reject the AZ vaccine recently?
It hasn't been passed rather than being rejected, AstraZeneca has not even filed an application in the U.S.

They need to finish their phase 3 US trials first, the FDA wont accept results from trials in other countries.

As they are struggling to supply in Europe I suspect it is not considered a matter of urgency unless they have multiple sites elsewhere in the world ready to start producing quickly, I doubt these sites exist.

you were comparing his use of stats to a drunk pissing up against a lamppost, as I said not the worst case, there are far worse, but Epps has a habit of jumping in to like posts which demean other posters which is a blatant abuse of the like button.

Thats the point.
:lol::lol: Fair play , this is actually a funny wind up.

It hasn't been passed rather than being rejected, AstraZeneca has not even filed an application in the U.S.

They need to finish their phase 3 US trials first, the FDA wont accept results from trials in other countries.

As they are struggling to supply in Europe I suspect it is not considered a matter of urgency unless they have multiple sites elsewhere in the world ready to start producing quickly, I doubt these sites exist.

There’s certainly one in India and I think one in Australia also

Germany, Belgium and France

Germany will soon authorise the AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID-19 vaccine for people over the age of 65, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Wednesday, the same day Belgium authorised its rollout to seniors.

The French government says older people with pre-existing conditions can now get AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine, revising its stance on the issue.

What happend to the serious side effects?
None of those countries have ever said there were serious side affects. The problem was the lack of data for over 65's. That data is now there so hopefully the Astra Zeneca vaccine will now come into the equation for those countries.

None of those countries have ever said there were serious side affects. The problem was the lack of data for over 65's. That data is now there so hopefully the Astra Zeneca vaccine will now come into the equation for those countries.
There’s been poster on this thread going on about serious side affects of AZ as a reason it wasn’t been used - think link he posted was from France saying medical staff wouldn’t take it because of it

Its funny how this has all progressed, when it all kicked off we were on a curve of a few weeks behind the likes of them and now that curve has reversed. When this whole sorry tale is over/under control there will be interesting stats to come out out of it - or not perhaps unless you are a bit of a bores head for things like that.
It seems that countries that protected more than us at the begining haven't gained much. The drop in deaths of our elderly is remarkable, but maybe because we lost so many already. Obesity deaths seem to be making up the majority of fatalities of late.

This is a wake up call for all politicians: 'Dramatic' Link Between Covid Deaths And Obesity, New Study Shows

Maybe we can soon start to replace the Covid horror ads with obesity horror ads...come on Boris, tough words are needed.

Posters on here were bringing up side effects. The delay may cause trust issues exacerbated by Macron calling the AstraZeneca vaccine "quasi effective".

There’s been poster on this thread going on about serious side affects of AZ as a reason it wasn’t been used - think link he posted was from France saying medical staff wouldn’t take it because of it
Is that @thehighground ? To be fair to them they did say that the effects were that some people (including medical staff) were being knocked sideways after having the vaccine but were not dying. A read through some of the threads on here regarding the vaccines people have had would suggest that there have been adverse side effects for some people. On an anecdotal level a brother was telling me yesterday about medical staff in Denmark also having problems after having the vaccine, a fair few of those injected were off sick for some days afterwards. This resulted in critical staff shortages in their place of work. I can understand medical staffs reluctance to have the vaccine given that scenario, but "serious" side effects ? No deaths or hospitalisations that I am aware of.

Is that @thehighground ? To be fair to them they did say that the effects were that some people (including medical staff) were being knocked sideways after having the vaccine but were not dying. A read through some of the threads on here regarding the vaccines people have had would suggest that there have been adverse side effects for some people. On an anecdotal level a brother was telling me yesterday about medical staff in Denmark also having problems after having the vaccine, a fair few of those injected were off sick for some days afterwards. This resulted in critical staff shortages in their place of work. I can understand medical staffs reluctance to have the vaccine given that scenario, but "serious" side effects ? No deaths or hospitalisations that I am aware of.
Anecdotal but it seemed that those that had had covid previously may be the ones that react the most.. many medical staff I imagine may well have had covid

I know of 5 family members who had covid at Xmas and all have now had the jab. None at all were poorly after having the jab but were poorly with the virus. 4 had no side effects from the jab except 1 who had a slight sore arm and a snotty nose. The snotty nose lasted for about 10 hours max.

Last edited:
The problem of course being the stupid way politicians in many EU currents conveyed the message. A lot of People will not want the AZ vaccine no matter what the data.
The sensible approach would have been to say that data so far shows the Pfizer is more effective on over 65 s so whilst waiting for further data then over 65 s will receive the Pfizer. Not we have banned AZ for over 65s.

Back