October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

With regards this adverse reaction business, on my small pool of people it is noticeably worse than a normal flu job. That being said its standard stuff, absolutely nothing to worry about and the whinging about it from Europe is silly.

Both Pfizer and AstraZeneca stated around 10% of people could expect:

Tenderness, injection-site pain, headache, fatigue, myalgia, malaise, pyrexia (fever), chills, arthralgia, and nausea.

Pretty common stuff for injections and vaccines.

If the percentage is radically above 10% then it does merit investigation but atm none of the articles seem to be giving a total view of what is going on so it is hard to say.

One of them even states "An unspecified number of instances have seen people having to take a number of days off work".

It's raised eyebrows here because it's only started being used in the last few weeks and it's resulted in a significant percentage of people taking several days off work due to the side effects. These include police officers, firefighters, military and teachers.

It's had a huge effect on schools as they've had a shortage of staff so that's caused a shit storm as to why this hasn't been staggered so that so many teachers wouldn't be off at the same time.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines haven't caused the same side effects in the 3 months they've been getting used.

It's raised eyebrows here because it's only started being used in the last few weeks and it's resulted in a significant percentage of people taking several days off work due to the side effects. These include police officers, firefighters, military and teachers.

It's had a huge effect on schools as they've had a shortage of staff so that's caused a shit storm as to why this hasn't been staggered so that so many teachers wouldn't be off at the same time.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines haven't caused the same side effects in the 3 months they've been getting used.
Might it have been a rogue batch? Seems strange that it falls out of any other reported bounds given the now tens of millions of deployed instances to a wide range of targets.

AstraZeneca hasn't caused the same side effects here in the 3 months we've been using it. Info not headlines is what is needed, how many were vaccinated in total, what batches, which sites did the batches come from etc.

Take it - won't die. Don't take it - might die? Up to you at the end of the day!

High temperature , constant headache, vomiting, aches and pains all over the body, no energy to get up. All for two days.
So entirely consistent with the adverse event profile listed in the SPC which is derived from the original study data.

What sort of numbers have there been in terms of patients with adverse events v total number of injections given? 0.1%? 1%? 50%?.........

Wow, that's a bit of random go at me.

Why should I be ashamed of myself?
Why is it irresponsible of me?

Spain only received their first doses of Astra Zeneca on February 12th, 190,000 doses. Those weren't started to be administered until the end of last month which is when Police officers, firefighters and most recently teachers were started being given it.

In the few weeks that this particular vaccine has been and will only be used on people under 55, there has been an unusual and unexpected high number of cases of side effects as I mentioned in people under 50.

This is something very recent and not expected as the Pfizer and moderna vaccines used until then hadn't brought about a high number of side effects as this one is giving.

At no time have I said that I don't think anyone should take it. I simply mentioned what the current facts are with that vaccine with people getting it in Spain since it started to be used only a few weeks ago.

The Astra Zeneca vaccine is also the cheapest on the market, costing $4 a dose whereas the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cost between $20-$30 a dose.
It comes across as vaccine nationalism to be honest. We’ve got an entire country’s worth of data and have used this vaccine more than anywhere else and there’s no mention of widespread “awful” side effects causing key workers to need time off work. You used the word “awful” side effects and used anecdotal evidence (initially at least) to back it up. The uk is surely evidence enough that the AZ vaccine has been a success thus far.

As for the press stories you posted, frankly, they come across as propaganda - same as macron et al and their comments. They’re embarrassed by their vaccine program and had their nose put out of joint by AZ and have been lashing out ever since.

Last edited:
Very reassuring that the EU will be receiving 100 million doses per month of the vaccine from April. Just got to get them in the arms asap.

Come on Europe! I do not know how many vaccines the UK have in stock (if any) but I would not be adverse to some "lending" of vaccines. To be paid back when the EU stock goes up.

Europe recorded 1 million new coronavirus cases last week, an increase of 9% from the previous week and a reversal that ended a six-week decline, according to the World Health Organization.

Wow, that's a bit of random go at me.

Why should I be ashamed of myself?
Why is it irresponsible of me?

Spain only received their first doses of Astra Zeneca on February 12th, 190,000 doses. Those weren't started to be administered until the end of last month which is when Police officers, firefighters and most recently teachers were started being given it.

In the few weeks that this particular vaccine has been and will only be used on people under 55, there has been an unusual and unexpected high number of cases of side effects as I mentioned in people under 50.

This is something very recent and not expected as the Pfizer and moderna vaccines used until then hadn't brought about a high number of side effects as this one is giving.

At no time have I said that I don't think anyone should take it. I simply mentioned what the current facts are with that vaccine with people getting it in Spain since it started to be used only a few weeks ago.

The Astra Zeneca vaccine is also the cheapest on the market, costing $4 a dose whereas the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cost between $20-$30 a dose.
Reason AZ is cheapest is because it’s a non profit making project , set up that way so that it will be affordable to third world countries. Reread my post and your right it’s over the top and unnecessary , my apologies.

Back