October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

1911 cases here in Germany yesterday with 18.3 cases per 100,000. Thankfully our 3rd wave appears to be over. Going to finally leave Berlin for the first time in months to the Baltic Sea at the end of this week just as the temperatures are reaching the early-30s :cool:
We're off to bled next month and Croatia for a fortnight in august - I can't wait

Not quite the case.

Delta seems to really transmit easily through un-vaccinated groups, thus the hotspots here in the UK.

Watch it catch on in other countries too, in areas where vax uptake is low..
Indeed, time will tell on that but they seem to be taking it seriously ( no gumbo I reckon )

If we let cases rip we might produce another special variant worse than this one.

The wife thought she'd never hear from her mom again. The old lady..84..went into hospital in Moscow with COVID three weeks ago...she managed to fight it off and is back home safe and sound. things had improved but the number of people getting sick is skyrocketing there again. Heaven knows what it is like out in the boonies (and there are a lot of boonies in Russia)

42% population double jabbed - U.K. 45% .

Made me angry seeing the crowd at the football.
Never seen the % just follow the lifting of restrictions across this part of the world as it helps to see family and for work
42% population double jabbed - U.K. 45% .

Made me angry seeing the crowd at the football.
We've a lot of friends there and they'll struggle to travel cos they've been vaccinated with sputnik and it's not recognised anywhere as not approved

Last edited:
How come there’s several million at the game ?

From a paper -

Anyone with proof of immunity can attend games.

They will have to wear a wristband, which they can collect by showing their national immunity card prior the game, while Under-18s are exempt if accompanied by an adult with an immunity card.

Additionally, international fans - with Portuguese supporters also inside the ground on Tuesday - must provide a negative PCR test within 72 hours of kick-off or proof of full vaccination.

Back