October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

France passes 50,000 deaths today
Just announced latest measures, some things relaxed, all small shops can open with strict controls bars an restaurants stay closed until at least mid January. Not looking good for ski stations all remain closed until at least after new year and return of night time curfew.

Rutte announces that the Netherlands is going into a 'hard lockdown' (similar to ours back in April)

Just announced now and it kicks in tonight

Why are France only vaccinating 4,000 people a day? Are they not arsed?

In reality it’s Cos they don’t have much if any vaccine

The official excuse is that they rolling it out in a safe manner or are not prepared to Prepared to risk public health by acting rashly like the UK

The official excuse is probably more reflective of the fact that macron faces an election in 18 months than the truth

In reality it’s Cos they don’t have much if any vaccine

The official excuse is that they rolling it out in a safe manner or are not prepared to Prepared to risk public health by acting rashly like the UK

The official excuse is probably more reflective of the fact that macron faces an election in 18 months than the truth

They have pro rata the same as the other countries.. if germany are doing 90k they should be doing in region of 65k

They are doing about 80k a day

Last edited:
Whilst this was a few weeks ago I read somewhere that the patient has to give written consent for the jab and this takes 5 days. A bureaucratic nightmare basically. That and an apparent French scepticism to vaccines full stop
I think this is still in place, read an article a few days ago saying they have to book an appointment at a GPs 5 days in advance, answer a few questions, sign a legal 'waiver' then they can book or are given a slot for a jab. They seem to have decided they want all liability on the individual / vaccine producer. Some poles are saying 50-60% of the French public are sceptical of the jab to begin with, this process and Macron's comments won't be helping.

Germany has said everyone who wants a jab can have one by September 21st. Not sure if that would be impressive or not. They have also hinted that people who refuse my see restrictions to their freedoms but didn't go into any detail.

Back