getting the house tidy for the xmas

Mine wants me to join in with her daily furniture rearranging. Have agreed to it on condition of an hour long BJ. Payment in advance. See ya'all in a few hours.

My wife has just cleaned the carpets. We have guests coming later today and now the living room carpet is soaking.
I bought a carpet cleaner a couple of months ago and have not used it in the living room yet for that reason. Never been a time when I could be bothered and we could cope with wet floor for a few hours. Better to wait until the weather is better. It dries quicker and I can hoy furniture on the patio for a few hours.

My mam keeps harping on about coming through and cleaning my floors - told her if she didn’t shut up about it I’d make her eat off them

Had this, this morning.

Her - need to tidy for xmas
Me - why?
Her - its xmas
Me - but no ones coming round
Her - but its xmas
Me - and it'll be a mess on the day anyway with wrapping paper etc
Her - but its xmas

Her - bed need changing also
Me - didnt it just get changed the other day?
Her - it needs doing cos its xmas.

Then today we've been out visiting her family & friends whereby the women are all doing the same. After which I get the 'see I told you so...'

They're all mental.

I've spent today knackered through having a cold and a stinking hangover, our lass still wanted me to help tidy upstairs. She took the huff when I said we could do it tomorrow and did it all herself :-O

I'm guilty of the pre-Christmas clean.....
It feels so much nicer when everything is clean and tidy and fairy-lights & candles dotted around the place.

I've sent himself and teen out for the afternoon and I'll blitz the place
I’m the same. I’m two generations away from women who scrubbed their front door step every day and can’t relax in a dirty house. He did some cleaning today which was a big help as I’m working tomorrow. He doesn’t bleat on about it like a bairn mind.

Done mine today, f***ing nightmare. Even cleaned the bastard balcony. Wouldn't care it'll all be coming down Boxing Day after I get back pissed from the match. Bairn is down Essex at the Exs (no) partners folks after Boxing Day, so may as well get it down ASAP as Christmas is done.

Ho ho f***ing ho lads n lasses.

A couple years back I was working away on the lead up to Christmas and she was getting really worked up about not having time to finish the Christmas food shop and wrap presents etc as the bairn was 2 at the time and he was obviously a handful.

One day she tells me her mates agreed to have the bairn for the day so she can get sorted and I rang her after work and ask how she's got on.

"So what you been up to then, you go to Asda and get that finished off?"

"No I didn't really have time to do much after I changed the bairns room around."

So instead of doing any of the stuff she was supposedly stressed about she spent the whole time she had a babysitter rearranging and cleaning the bairns bedroom. Completely flabbergasted - when I asked why she done it, "well it needed doing, it's Christmas ." FFS man

I’m the same. I’m two generations away from women who scrubbed their front door step every day and can’t relax in a dirty house. He did some cleaning today which was a big help as I’m working tomorrow. He doesn’t bleat on about it like a bairn mind.

As an aside... I went to a funeral this year, and as part of the mass people bring things up to the altar to represent the life and their memories of the person who's passed.

Someone bought up a tin of polish and a duster because "she always kept a clean house"

I would seriously haunt anyone who's lasting memory of me was that !!!! I found it really really sad tbh......

Back