getting the house tidy for the xmas

Last min dash to town for last present
Pay a deposit to a restaurant case we dont turn up:eek:
Windows cleaned done
Now she wants to go Sainsburys.
I wear the trousers in our house

Does anybody want anything? :)

I'm guilty of the pre-Christmas clean.....
It feels so much nicer when everything is clean and tidy and fairy-lights & candles dotted around the place.

I've sent himself and teen out for the afternoon and I'll blitz the place
Must all be the same
Wor lass insists of the decorator coming on the run up to Xmas
:rolleyes:

Ms Z is ninja cleaner most of the year but lays off a bit over Christmas and New Year as it gets a bit untidy no matter what. Probably spend a whole day giving it Mrs Mop around 4th Jan.

Am in the final stages of Xmas breakdown.

We go out to in laws on Xmas day, but no less all rooms are clean enough to perform minor surgery in.

Also managed to do a hat trick of supermarkets yesterday before 12, and have just been informed we’re going in the morning for bread.

Intervening is a tactic I’ve tried and failed miserably with in previous years. Best to let her get on with it

I'm guilty of the pre-Christmas clean.....
It feels so much nicer when everything is clean and tidy and fairy-lights & candles dotted around the place.

I've sent himself and teen out for the afternoon and I'll blitz the place
We have people round so it is nice to have the place clean, so I have been the same. But no more than what should be done on an average weekend. Bit of dusting, running the vac round and clean the toilets. I am cleaning the oven this morning (sorry @Ginger John !), that is mainly because something spilt and baken on the bottom so now it smokes when it is on.

2 days to go and once I have picked up the meat from the butchers and spent 20mins finishing the oven, I think it should be a relaxed day to play with the kids.

We had a cleaner in last week to do a 'deep clean'.

Our house is generally spotless yet it was cleaned and tidied in readiness for the cleaner coming.

She must have thought this is the easiest three hours work ever.

Women and Christmas - makes them even more mental than normal.
:lol: Three hours, it won't take three hours to clean a two bedroom kip in Southwick man, she's ripping you off.

Exactly the same here...."do you think we (ie. me) could tidy the bathroom ? So I went to get the cleaning gear..."no don't do it until tomorrow" cos obviously over the space of 24 hours, the bathroom's ganna look like a dirty protest took place FFS

Back