Getting rid of rats

Mate of mine had a very similar story, except he put traps out so he'd be able to retrieve the dead ones a bit easier. Only the traps didn't always work properly and he had a few nights listening to them fighting to get out while he was lying in bed.
Urrgghhh.

I did ask my two boys what they suggested. The 10 year old suggested rat poison. The 8 year old suggested an RPG!

A mate of mine in the street has a missus that works for the council, so will probs have another word.

Which poison did you use Ooosh?
I cut a hole in a suitcase. Put these in them...

thats the stuff my pest controllers use and charge £84 for. I also smashed a bulb up and raked it into peanut butter In their. Brutal I know but they were gone in 3 days
Who cares mate rats man

We use trap cages at work and the poison jelly stuff
Had success with both
Had a massive one in the cage
It was going mental
Lives in Hetton now

@tunstall birdman doesn't know how to get a rat out...
:lol:
When I pet hairy rats, I make them go wild.:cool:
Had success with both
It was going mental
Lives in Hetton now
Nice poem mate but I've added a little bit extra to make it complete. ;) .

Had success with both
It was going mental
Lives in Hetton now
But we discovered,
It was not a rat
But a cow

Last edited:

used this for mice but it does say for rats as well ,
I used a big tupperware box with a hole in it ,put 3 cubes in and they were gone the next day ,Topped it up 5 days running then cubes were still in box on 6th day ,so job done but left them in case any came back
put the box next to a fence or border as they stay close to them

Been using stuff at our lasses, them blocks. 20 odd taken within a hour. Rats have come back bigger. I must admit its good watching them very industrious, makes you realise they can get anywhere.

I’ve got chickens and get a few rats. Currently using old school snap trap with peanut butter. Works on young rats but not bigguns. Also have big cheese live trap, hasn’t worked yet and a big cheese snap trap box with their “rat attractant”, hasn’t worked yet. Can’t use poison because of stupid dog and chooks. Both the dog and the chooks would happily eat a dead rat!

Seen one run across our garden the other night, has dug a little hole under the fence from next door. She’s got about a thousand bird feeder shite, so little shock that a rat has come knocking since the school has shut.

Back