Getting promoted over more senior peers

Same thing happened to my wife this month. She’s been with the organisation for 3 years and this is her 2nd promotion.

It’s put a lot of noses out of joint, especially the woman she works directly alongside who has done the same job for 7 years and has unsuccessfully tried for 3 promotions in the past but seems to completely disregard all the interview feedback she’s ever had and reckons there’s a conspiracy against her. There’s a massive sense of entitlement where she works!

Last edited:

Same thing happened to my wife this month. She’s been with the organisation for 3 years and this is her 2nd promotion.

It’s put a lot of noses out of joint, especially the woman she works directly alongside who has done the same job for 7 years and has unsuccessfully tried for 3 promotions in the past but seems to completely disregard all the interview feedback she’s ever had and reckons there’s a conspiracy against her. There’s a massive sense of entitlement where she works!

She might be providing "special attention" to her bosses.

I’ve found most people’s biggest problem is not responding well to feedback
She might be providing "special attention" to her bosses.
:lol: :lol:

I love how someone is either an arselicker or sucking the boss off. Nobody is ever good at a job

Last edited:
I’ve found most people’s biggest problem is not responding well to feedback

:lol: :lol:

I love how someone is either an arselicker or sucking the boss off. Nobody is ever good at a job
People still see feedback as either positive or negative when the reality is that it is just feedback. Be an adult about it and accept what is being said. If you don’t agree with it then say so and be professional about it. That’s the way it should be done anyway.

Eleven years in the military taught me something different! “Here’s your CR son just read it and sign here.” “But I don’t agree with whats been said sir.” “Stop f***ing about and sign here.” “Yes sir.”

Public sector?...........;)

My missus (no) used to work for the council - she had to go back to the private sector because that sort of mentality was grinding her down.
I left one of our local councils for the Higher Education sector (so still not completely private) and thought it was even worse. People running to the unions over the slightest little thing, people not speaking to their managers for days/weeks because they were asked to help out one of the other teams who were short staffed etc.

I couldn’t wait to get back into local government, and it took me 3 years to get back (only 2 jobs at the right level came up in that time and the one I didn’t get went to an internal candidate).

Back