Getting paid early at Christmas.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Found out today that the people I’m working for are paying us on our normal last working day of the month in December. Few people were really pissed off where as I thought well done.

Never understood the point in getting paid early. It’s like it has come as a shock to people that Christmas is coming those who are annoyed. I personally don’t spend anymore money at Christmas than I do most the year and if people do they should be able to manage their finances to cope with the extra expense. They’ll only end up f***ing brassic in the new year anyway sponging off folk who don’t waste a load of money on minature spring rolls and prawn rings.

I certainly wouldn’t pay benefits early which the Nash actually do.

Last edited:

Found out today that the people I’m working for are paying us on our normal last working day of the month in December. Few people were really pissed off where as I thought well done.

Never understood the point in getting paid early. It’s like it has come as a shock to people that Christmas is coming those who are annoyed. I personally don’t spend anymore money at Christmas than I do most the year and if people do they should be able to manage their finances to cope with the extra expense. They’ll only end up f***ing brassic in the new year anyway sponging off folk who don’t waste a load of money on minature spring rolls and prawn rings.

Are you not finishing up before Christmas and going back after the New Year?

Yeah Friday before. I’m fucked if I’m working over Chrismas I work in the public sector.
I wish we got paid on our normal day instead of having to suffer two 5 week months in January and February pretty much every year.
Exactly. My lass is a banker and gets paid mid December ffs.

Last edited:
Not everyone has the luxury of work closing over the Xmas period. Pretty much everyone in the service industry will need to work at some point.

As for the payment thing everyone knows when they get paid and if that's after Xmas then budget for it earlier in the year easy innit.

I'm unlucky in the sense I only get Xmas day off and boxing day but lucky in the way I get paid every 4 weeks. Each year my pay in Dec gets earlier to the point where I'll get 2 pays in Dec one at the start and one at the end. I get a little less than if I got paid monthly but this way I get 13 instead of 12 pay days and I get one free month where I don't need to pay any bills.

Not everyone has the luxury of work closing over the Xmas period. Pretty much everyone in the service industry will need to work at some point.

As for the payment thing everyone knows when they get paid and if that's after Xmas then budget for it earlier in the year easy innit.

I'm unlucky in the sense I only get Xmas day off and boxing day but lucky in the way I get paid every 4 weeks. Each year my pay in Dec gets earlier to the point where I'll get 2 pays in Dec one at the start and one at the end. I get a little less than if I got paid monthly but this way I get 13 instead of 12 pay days and I get one free month where I don't need to pay any bills.
Aye I feel sorry for people that have to work. I hate Christmas and the way people go on but I don’t begrudge anyone enjoying themselves. It’s more people’s greed and the way they think they have the right to do what they want that bothers me.
im going to have 6 weeks between december and Jan pay. fuckers.
That is absolutely ridiculous that like.

If you ain’t got it you cant spend it - might teach a few people to live within their means.

The overspending at Xmas is staggering.

If you ain’t got it you cant spend it - might teach a few people to live within their means.

The overspending at Xmas is staggering.
This is my point exactly. Might teach people a bit more common sense. Some people just blow all their coin in marksies on Christmas Eve and end up scrounging till the end of January

So payroll staff can have Christmas off?

Yeah Friday before. I’m fucked if I’m working over Chrismas I work in the public sector.

Aye, good on you.
I used to hate going away to work just before Christmas - and it was even more shittier when I was working away for both Christmas and New Years.

But as you and others have said, it is up to people to budget correctly for such times, they know Christmas is coming, and should cut their cloth accordingly IMO.

I get paid on the 13th or 14th I think, usually it’s a week after.

I usually just move it into a savings account then move it back on my usual payday then disperse accordingly.

Every bank surely has an app and if it bothers you like it does me then just do the above.

Back