Getting over a break up

No I'm not now after what's gone one

Obvious answer then time is the biggest healer, 6 months time or however you won't feel like you did right now. Try and find something to take your mind off it that will take up that time.

Been there with the libido myself when on pills mate so I get that for sure.

If the sertraline is working aside from the sex drive then give it a bit of time to settle, as long as you can tbh, from there it could improve on its own or you could drop your dosage by small increments and it may come back without having to stop the tablets, failing all that you'll probably have to try another medication because low sex drive will eventually cause you more distress.

Also ask the GP to refer you to a talking therapies team. It can be really helpful when going through stuff, of you don't want to talk to someone then go to getselfhelp.co.uk and look at the problems section, just have a light read of whichever fits you best and try to pick out a few different soothing skills which you think will work for you.

If the sertraline is working aside from the sex drive then give it a bit of time to settle, as long as you can tbh, from there it could improve on its own or you could drop your dosage by small increments and it may come back without having to stop the tablets, failing all that you'll probably have to try another medication because low sex drive will eventually cause you more distress.

Also ask the GP to refer you to a talking therapies team. It can be really helpful when going through stuff, of you don't want to talk to someone then go to getselfhelp.co.uk and look at the problems section, just have a light read of whichever fits you best and try to pick out a few different soothing skills which you think will work for you.
Cheers mate I'm on the waiting list

If a friend came to you and said their missus was asking them to stop medication they needed because she didn't like it and then caused abuse from her family because she didn't get her own way, what would you tell the mate?

From an outsider looking in, it sounds like you are well shot of her. If you don't want her back, block the numbers and ignore the abuse.

Take time for yourself. You need to kind of grieve for the relationship and concentrate on getting yourself well again. It's time to look after you now and do what you need to do to get better. Take care marra xx
This 100%, kisses anarl...

Split up with my long term partner a few weeks back now and have been really struggling since. Last November was the climax of about 5 years of depression relating to childhood trauma and took the plunge and went to docs and was provided with 200mg of sertraline which has been very effective in improving my mood. Unfortunately the side effect of the sertraline was a decrease in libido which partner was not happy about. She wanted me to stop the sertraline as it was having a negative effect on her which I thought was not very understanding but let it go.
Then 3 weeks ago I was very tired from work and rejected her advances, she then went crying to her mums and ever since I've had a barrage of abuse from her family and friends.

Don't really know what to do now as have been sat in the house for weeks other than the gym and work.

Other than the usual "inbox me hun" or "bucking another wad" has anyone been in a similar position that can offer any advice?
Good family support is one of the best things to beat any for of depression. Sometimes people don’t understand the side affects of medications and I would suggest you go back to the doctors and tell him/her about it. Block the numbers of the people giving you shit and tell your ex straight what you want. If she fobs you off move on marra, lots of nice ladies out there mate and you could always get yourself away for a week or so with some friends in the sun! Chin up marra but to be honest living on my own and being single in my late 30s was the best time of my life.....

This lad knows the crack.
Took a while for the tablets to kick in and I was fine for a bit then my libido fell off the roof. Didn't know what the Hell was going on.
Went to the GP and he said that it was a side effect and that any antidepressants will essentially do the same.
However, I started halving my dose and 'lo and behold, Randy AJ was back.

By the by, you ex sounds like a bitch for making you chose between her and your mental health.

Your posts on this thread equate to stalking as they bare no relation to the subject content, this is the shit side of the SMB - when your down some worm will crawl out from a rock to make you feel worse, now fuck off and suck your lemons elsewhere.

It didn't seem like he was talking about the OP... I'm confused :confused:

Time mate, it’s the only fix. I have split up with 2 long term partners (10 years plus) one straight after both my parents died.

Hang in there and things will feel ok soon enough.

Back