Getting out of the habit of going to football

I haven’t missed it one bit.... got a few twinges watching STID s2 but the last episode sharp ended those....Will I renew ?100%! But will I be an ever present? I doubt that very much now.

I know lads that were season ticket holders, going to home and away games religiously for years, that no longer go to watch us. A lot of them stopped going over the course of the last 10 years or so because of the way the club has been managed. Talking to them, there’s a common feeling that once they stop going to the match, they get out of the habit and it stops being something that they just do.

I wonder if many people will drift away after this situation with the pandemic ?
After the 2 horrific prem relegation seasons (I always forget the exact points totals, but I'm going to guess at 19 and 15?) I stopped going for a bit.
Once I got out of the habit, I never felt like it was a "must do" ever again, even though I did start going back eventually.

Then kids landed, and I didn't give it a 2nd thought, I had more important stuff to do and I've barely been back since. Once day, when one of the kids wants to go, I'll be back - but it'll never be the same for me as it once was.

I went home and away without missing for years.
i got banned for bit so stopped going obviously and moved to Thailand to take my mind of it..got ban overturned so moved back and went to home games...nd pre season tours didn't think I missed away games..went to ot semi and Wembley..then the season Bournemouth went up I went cos I'd never been...got 're infected3ven tho we got beat and haven't missed an away game since..it never leaves u maybe just lies dormant for a bit

I had an away game gap of a few years, pretty much my entire 30's.

Then my brother asked me to take him to Coventry last season, we managed double figures last season and have only missed 4 aways this season. The bug is very easy to get back.

Back