Getting old

Getting older is a blessing imo, so long as you aren’t ill or impaired neurologically. So many people don’t make it to or past middle age for various reasons. Try to make the most of every day and don’t get too wound up by things that don’t matter in the grand scheme of things......unless you want to get started on the job Moyes did at Safc like. The chozza

Last edited:
I am relatively laid back (too laid back in some ways) about most stuff. Not many things in life bother me too much. Shit happens and you just have to accept it and get on best you can. The one exception however is just that. Time goes by so quickly.
It literally feels like only a few years ago that i was on the drink with the lads, without a care in the world, when i bumped into (the now) Mrs Bear. It is however almost 30 years ago. My kids are grown (most of which i missed working away) and at University.
Something in my eye just typing this...… Fuck!!!
That was always my biggest fear once I had kids....missing my kids growing up due to work cmmoutments..luckily never missed much as was self employed . Never missed a night tucking them into bed and did plenty of school runs however for some reason I still feel as I’ve missed out somehow .
Both are under 15 now but I still get emotional watching old clips of them as bairns 😀
I have some mates who work all hours , go on the lash every weekend / away games and even lads trips away abroad and they don’t seem to have any guilty pangs .

I still remember saying to my mate, "Can't believe you are 30, that's old as fuck!"

I was only 22 at the time, I'm now 33 :oops:

When I was in my 20's we used to have the life of this "old" bloke at work, asking him what it was like the day they invented fire and all that, how did avoid dinosaurs on the way home from school... I'm the same age (44) as when he joined this year :lol: In my head I'm still in my 20's. I don't half get a fright some days when I see my reflection

I don't like it at the minute. I'm 35 but the years just seem to be flying by. Literally feels like a year or two since we had the little one but he's 6 next month and when I think that he's 1/3 of the way towards being an adult it's quite frightening.

My main thing is that I'm terrified of death. I love living, I'm not religious so I'm not sat thinking something else is coming afterwards. You know when you were a bairn and broke up for the long summer holidays, at the start I always knew that one day I'd be in bed with school back the next day, but at the start of the holidays it sort of felt like it would never come. I feel like that now, being really old / actually facing death feels like it's a lifetime away but it'll sneak up (if I'm lucky enough to get old) before I know it.

The only crumb of comfort is that I've heard people get more accepting and prepared for death as they get older, almost like it's a natural reaction as your body prepares you. My hope is that the boys are happy, healthy and standing on their own two feet so they don't desperately need me. Even then I'll be sad if any grandchildren are only young, but if the boys are fine then I'll know grandkids will be fine and maybe I'll be accepting of it. Mind, while I don't want death, I recently lost my last grandparent and for the last few years she was bed-ridden, she loved books and tele but her eyesight and hearing was going and she couldn't do either, she couldn't get out for walks, the care home was almost like her coffin, then she stopped recognising loved ones. Like everyone else, deep down, I probably do want death over that. Just hope that its many years in the future, that it comes when I've still been able to get about and enjoy life, and crucially that it's peaceful, that's the best anyone can hope for I suppose.

Fuck me, just read that back, there's a f***ing cheery post to start your Saturdays, have a goodun everyone :lol:

Back