Getting new windows before selling house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceverton

Winger
Selling a house that is spot on but a bit dated due to the windows not being double glazed. Going to ask when getting it valued in next few weeks what is best, but thought I would ask the wise SMB.

So will spending money on getting all the windows done work out to sell the house for more or just leave it and sell it for less but save on money doing the windows?

Selling a house that is spot on but a bit dated due to the windows not being double glazed. Going to ask when getting it valued in next few weeks what is best, but thought I would ask the wise SMB.

So will spending money on getting all the windows done work out to sell the house for more or just leave it and sell it for less but save on money doing the windows?

It may work out to be net zero in terms of sales price and cost of windows, but I'd say you'll get far more interest and a quicker sale if you have them done. I'd not even view it with single glazing.

Is it up Redhouse?

If the windows were old fashioned sash windows, maybe made when decent timber like oak was commonly used and suited the age and style of the house I would just retain them. If however they were Magnet type windows, cheap as chips, I'd have them out tomorrow. However have you factored in any redec around the frames when they are removed?

If the windows were old fashioned sash windows, maybe made when decent timber like oak was commonly used and suited the age and style of the house I would just retain them. If however they were Magnet type windows, cheap as chips, I'd have them out tomorrow. However have you factored in any redec around the frames when they are removed?
They are the wooden ones, quite unique to be fair, if I was going to keep the house on then I would paint them as when painted the house looks very nice and more standout than double glazed ones in the street.

this, there is no way the right house in the right area would be a no go because of the bloody windows. reduce price by half the cost of the windows if it gets mentioned
Lots of people look at the front aspect of a house of which the glazing is a top consideration.
Nothing worse than wonky Windows without openers.
Already got one person who is likely to buy but just want to make sure best deal can be got to be fair.

They are the wooden ones, quite unique to be fair, if I was going to keep the house on then I would paint them as when painted the house looks very nice and more standout than double glazed ones in the street.

Already got one person who is likely to buy but just want to make sure best deal can be got to be fair.

If the buyer want's it then he will put the offer in.

If you get them make sure you use someone who certifies the energy efficiency of the windows. If you don't it can cause a problem with the solicitors when selling. You may have to buy retrospective insurance to cover you for the fact that you cannot prove they meet regs.

If you get them make sure you use someone who certifies the energy efficiency of the windows. If you don't it can cause a problem with the solicitors when selling. You may have to buy retrospective insurance to cover you for the fact that you cannot prove they meet regs.
I thought long and hard about that ,his best bet Is Darren @ JDI windows .Darrens a Redhouse lad done good who's passionate about having the pilkington K glass the right way round .

I bought our house knowing everything needed doing, rewire, heating, windows the lot and it never put us off for a second. We Just had to have the house though, so I personally wouldn't bother with the windows .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back