Getting made redundant

Retired at 59 , spent first year working 3 days a week as a volunteer, this year our lass (no) finished work, spent 8 weeks may/ June in Croatia in the campervan, and summer at home then 7 weeks in northern Spain and France mid August/September, in between trips we do stuff around the house , do a lot of walking and relaxing.

Retired at 59 , spent first year working 3 days a week as a volunteer, this year our lass (no) finished work, spent 8 weeks may/ June in Croatia in the campervan, and summer at home then 7 weeks in northern Spain and France mid August/September, in between trips we do stuff around the house , do a lot of walking and relaxing.
This is what I'd like to be doing, sadly I'm still working & my camper sits gathering dust:neutral:

This is what I'd like to be doing, sadly I'm still working & my camper sits gathering dust:neutral:
When you do get round to it , it's great fun the freedom to look at a map , and think I wonder what it is like there , we found some great places on spec, met so great people and just had a lot of fun, a bonus was after each trip we did not want to kill each other Haha.

When you do get round to it , it's great fun the freedom to look at a map , and think I wonder what it is like there , we found some great places on spec, met so great people and just had a lot of fun, a bonus was after each trip we did not want to kill each other Haha.
Sounds great, Croatia's a canny hike mind in a campervan😁

So a lad 30 year old wanting to be 55 /60 so he can retire is a healthy state of mind .That type of mentality Makes no sense and it’s generally from people who are floating through life
I think many people believe they are wasting their life working, when there are so many more things to do but you can't just drop it all because of finances. It's the great paradox of life, you are not really free until you either retire or have enough money to have to not work - so once your 20's are over reality sets in and retirement at 50 seems like one helluva deal. Although you should make sure not to wish away your life and make the best of your spare time whilst you have to work.

Last edited:

Back