Getting drunk at home on a night when you have young kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me and the missus have never done it, one or the other can have a drink but we tend not to both do it unless little un is away for the night at grandparents etc.
She used to have febrile fits when she was a little kid so we were always conscious of needing to drive and that has just stuck. Saying that it's rare for me to drink while at home anyway

Our lass doesn't tend to drink in the house, I might have a couple but I'll wait until he's in bed usually.

I wouldn't get shit faced drinking in the house like. I remember my granda asking me to pour the coke in his Bacardi when I was a kid because he needed both hands on the sideboard to stand up straight. Funny looking back on it but I wouldn't want to the bairn seeing me like that.

It's a little bit heart breaking when you hear that some children ring up child line or whatever and ask for a bedtime story because of drunken parents.

Had a couple of drinks but never been drunk with mine, even on holiday. I wouldn't like it if they were ill or had an accident or something and I was unable to look after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back