Getting Chemist and Looking at the Positives

CatRyan

Striker
having anxiety the whole lead up to Playoffs is absolutely horrendous for me and just gets worse each time so health wise us just being woeful and slipping down the table is actually much easier on me

the threat of relegation is duller than the threat of a playoff and if we do go down it will just dent me a bit as it really does seem to be the natural order of things with this stupid model and board and just everything at SAFC

I'm going with the Candide flippant approach because it is just never ending awful really isn't it, so best to get over heavy ground lightly and just take heart in having brilliant fans if nothing else

I sort of know what your saying, I don't think I have anxiety but, many years ago I was almost obsessed with Sunderland AFC, I sort of think I am a bad looser and following the lads was making me ill when we got beat.
It got to a point where I had to stop myself going to the match, as you say the hierarchy were absolute shite (and as far as I can see still are) but I cared that much I couldn't face the ammount of defeat. Met a nice lass and life just passed my by like.
As you say, probably the best fans in the world considering the shite history we've had.

I used to care quite a bit. Never missed a home match from 1988 through 1992, with plenty of away matches too.

I listened to radio commentary if I couldn’t make a match cheering and shouting at the radio.

Since the shambles on and off the pitch since Steve Bruce left I have just had any enthusiasm gradually knocked out of me. I still go to the odd match each season but I have lots on and lots to do, and I’m not making a 500 mile round trip to watch that shite more than 2 or 3 times per year.

Having said that I’m making the journey up in a Tuesday. I’d be obviously delighted if we got promoted but I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we didn’t, ever.

Certainly not worth putting your mental or physical health at any risk.

I don't give a shiny shite about any of it anymore. Us, football in general. It's been systematically ruined by sky, the premier league and FIFA. It's just background noise to me now. I watch out for our results, and will watch us play if I have nothing else to do (rare) but that's about it.

Back