Getting back out and about?

The bairn is back at school now and our lass has been back in work. We've been getting down the shops more, we just got deliveries before, and we're going to go for a meal and some drinks tonight cos it's her birthday.

It does feel a bit strange the thought of getting out more. With our lass having to leave the house to work and seeing other people when she gets there I think it's a bit more normal for her, whereas I've been working in one room on my own for nigh on four month.

The main thing is seeing family and friends though. Barely seen any of them.

Probably not a better time to do it though. Sunderland and South Tyneside have reported very few new cases over the past few weeks which would suggest theres not much of it doing the rounds at the minute. Hopefully social distancing measures will help keep it that way while we get back to a bit of normality.
Where ye off to kev mate?
if you could mate.

thought you posted this yesterday which is weird as I read the post time twice before I engaged.
I'm going to go for a lovely bit of scran scored at 8.5/10 mate. Hopefully this turns out to be an accurate guess. Add in the wine and push it close to 9.

Last edited:
Sounds like us! Maybe a few hours out at the pub will give you a bit of a break. I've got mixed feelings about it but most of all I'm looking forward to a bit of time out the house cos it's pretty much been the centre of a very small universe for months now.

Got to say though I've got no problem with pubs taking people's temperature and details though. Surely the whole thing is only possible if it's done sensibly. I'd feel better about drinking in a place where I know they're follow the guidelines. I guess that reassurance is as much the point of it as preventing a virus spread cos a high temperature is just one possible symptom.
My MiL usually comes over from Ireland a few times and helps out with the kids. We had a couple of weekends away planned without them this year. As well as the odd nights out we'd have. So while it's no great hardship it's shite.
I think we do need a night out.

I should probably admit an aversion to non-medical people taking my temperature. I got stuck on the Cambodia-Vietnam border during bird flu as the border check detected a temperature. Was stuck until they called out a doctor who determined I just liked my beer :oops:

Been to two restaurants in town and all three pubs in our local area. Everyone behaving responsibly so far.

Are you or still mostly isolating?

I'm starting to get out more. Me and the GF went to the pub for a meal on Monday night. We drove past a local, the door was open so I said do you fancy popping in for tea? There was only us and another couple in the dining area. Felt odd to be honest, the new normal.

I'm still furloughed and our lass in off the back end of next week so I had a look online and we've booked a hotel in the lakes for one night next Thursday. Cracking reviews, only cost £68.50 for B&B. Taking the plunge 😀
I don't like people.

I don't like going out

Happy to stay in.

Haven't been in a pub or restaurant yet, but went to record shop yesterday (it's closing at the end of the month, so hoovered up some bargains). Went to Formby beach last week and off to Longshaw in Derbyshire on Sunday to have a socially distant day out with Mrs Pie's family.

Best of all, my Mam is coming down next weekend and she will be able to hold her grandson for the first time, he'll be 13 weeks old by then. Absolutely cannot wait.

Back