Getting attached to cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you find yourself getting attached to your car? Or do you just not care.

I've been thinking about getting rid of mine lately but every time it comes to actually going to a dealership to look at a new one I can't bring myself to do it. Not a particularly good car, 13 year old Polo with 60,000 on the clock but it's been really reliable since I sorted one initial issue out and I really like it. If it had a value of more than about 500 quid I might be more willing to get rid :lol:

I'm attached to cruise control like, if I had a new RS I imagine I'd be attached to the different controls in that anarl...

With the exception of the odd one or two cars, I've always had a soft spot for the cars I've owned and it's not always easy to let them go. But generally it's upgrading to a better one, so that feeling goes away pretty quickly.

Not looking forward to getting rid of my first car but the time will come when it isn't enough. Only got 27k on it like so probably good for another 4-5 years before it starts becoming problematic

Not looking forward to getting rid of my first car but the time will come when it isn't enough. Only got 27k on it like so probably good for another 4-5 years before it starts becoming problematic
You'll get another 15 yrs out of it man. Mines got 70000 miles on the click and is 11 years old. Averaged 3000 per year over the last six years and most of those are due to driving the 700 miles round trip to the NE. Cars are overrated.

Do you find yourself getting attached to your car? Or do you just not care.

I've been thinking about getting rid of mine lately but every time it comes to actually going to a dealership to look at a new one I can't bring myself to do it. Not a particularly good car, 13 year old Polo with 60,000 on the clock but it's been really reliable since I sorted one initial issue out and I really like it. If it had a value of more than about 500 quid I might be more willing to get rid :lol:
a 13yr old polo with 60k on the clock is probably more reliable than some of the shit new cars available today.

Fond memories of all the shit cars I had when I was a kid, minis, renault 5s etc not sure I'd want to be f***ing on with them every weekend like, although wouldn't mind starting one from the ground up like an old triumph as project when I start winding down work to occupy myself

Had an Audi A3 for years, just a bog standard 1.9TDI. Put about 100k on it and it was falling to bits so part ex'd it. My mate is a postman and saw it in Hendon while on his round, with a terrible black out window job, massive alloys that looked ridiculous. Took some pictures and it pained me to look at it, the old trusty steed becoming nowt but a tac van.

Still got my first car, 17 year old Corsa, although I've only had it two year. It's SORNed and parked in the yard :lol:

It's like driving a go-kart and I've put a massive dint in it but I'd get next to nowt for it so just hung on to it.

i don't get attached to cars but i do with bikes.
i've got a 1976 triumph bonneville that i could never part with no matter what. i've rebuilt the engine, in fact the whole bike and know every single nut and bolt on it. i always wanted one since i was a kid and had it since 1990.
i was tempted to p/x one of my harleys earlier this year for a newer model but i suppose i'm attached to it as well now. took a while to bond with it but i've done every single one of its 40000 miles and had some great trips.
sad i suppose :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back