1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting attached to cars

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Charmless Man, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Do you find yourself getting attached to your car? Or do you just not care.

I've been thinking about getting rid of mine lately but every time it comes to actually going to a dealership to look at a new one I can't bring myself to do it. Not a particularly good car, 13 year old Polo with 60,000 on the clock but it's been really reliable since I sorted one initial issue out and I really like it. If it had a value of more than about 500 quid I might be more willing to get rid :lol:

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  2. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

You have sex with your car don't you. I've seen TV shows about people like you.

You disgust me.

3. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Yes mate. Reet in the hot exhaust pipe.

It's not like that though, I'd just feel dead guilty and sorry for it if I ever got rid.

Frijj likes this.
  4. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Laughed when I got rid of my golf. The Audi dealership agreed a price for it without seeing it. The massive shitbox.

Frijj likes this.
  5. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

I might get a Golf next.

6. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Don't buy a black 1.6 match from West London Audi then

Frijj likes this.
  7. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Winger

Got a 2007 mini cooper s on 162,000 miles that breaks down if you look crossways at it. Should have binned it years ago but can't bring myself to do it. I run 2 cars as I needed something reliable that wouldn't chuck it on the way to work :oops:

Alan BStard and Charmless Man like this.
  8. jackynutmeg

jackynutmeg Winger

Just bought a bmw...love it

Lewberry pie likes this.
  9. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Probably won't given I live in Newcastle like.

I'll probably opt for a relatively new one this time as well.

10. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

If it's part of a national network you could be buying it from anywhere across the country.

11. Avoid the glue next time.

Charmless Man likes this.
  12. gillythedilf

gillythedilf Striker

I could and have in the past changed my car a couple of times a year .No matter what I get I always get the urge to change it after 6-8 months.

Moyes and the Boys likes this.
  13. FannyByTheGaslight

FannyByTheGaslight Goalkeeper

I sold my Range Rover Vogue 4.4L supercharged and instantly had regret, i hardly used it but when i did i loved it.

14. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Men and cars :lol:

15. socrates

socrates Striker

just scrapped a 16yrs old 1.6 Fiesta i'd had 13yrs. toyed with the idea of putting it through another MOT, but it was time to go.

replaced with a Mazda2 1.5 Sport.

16. Spot

Spot Striker

18 year old Alfa 166 with 270k on the clock had it since new can be quirky as f&ck but drives like a dream I'll be devastated when the time comes

17. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Central Defender

what does your husband drive?

gillythedilf likes this.
  18. Chesterladmackem

Chesterladmackem Goalkeeper

You will probs find they are laughing at you mate, the golf will be gravy, you will have paid way over the odds on the car your bought off them, assuming tou did?

19. socrates

socrates Striker

its a lovely little car. my other car for weekends and fine days is a 1992 Classic MX5 Eunos imported from Japan 2yrs ago. Immaculate and rust free.

HANDSOME_DAN likes this.
  20. TZMouk

TZMouk Central Defender

Got a Fiat Abarth that I love to rev around the streets of Shields :cool:.

Pop and Nipple Salad like this.