Getting a tooth out

My youngest had 3 front teeth knocked out playing football at school. Celebrated scoring the goal then picked them up and went to dental hospital.

Had hours of work and all 3 put back in after root canals over a few weeks. No anesthetic and he actually dozed off during the root canals. He has a huge pain threshold - I pass out when they inject the anaesthetic

Mind, the most painful bit is yet to come when I’ll pay for his implants once he’s stopped growing.

I e had a few out with no bother. I haven't been to the dentists for 15 years and I was a regular. 15 years ago the dentist said I needed plaque removing from my teeth, top and bottom.
So she started removing it with a metal hook. No anastheatic. That hook was going into my gum more than the plaque. After a while she had to stop as she said there was too much bleeding. I had to wait two weeks then go back to get the rest done. Once again I was raggied around the room in agony.
Now, I will only go when I have to. A very bad experience.
Mind, nothing to when our lass had her wisdom teeth out. They cracked her jaw to get them out. She got an abscess and they put a hole in her neck to insert a tube to drain off the abscess. She still has the scar.
She couldn't talk for four days, it was bliss.

I e had a few out with no bother. I haven't been to the dentists for 15 years and I was a regular. 15 years ago the dentist said I needed plaque removing from my teeth, top and bottom.
So she started removing it with a metal hook. No anastheatic. That hook was going into my gum more than the plaque. After a while she had to stop as she said there was too much bleeding. I had to wait two weeks then go back to get the rest done. Once again I was raggied around the room in agony.
Now, I will only go when I have to. A very bad experience.
Mind, nothing to when our lass had her wisdom teeth out. They cracked her jaw to get them out. She got an abscess and they put a hole in her neck to insert a tube to drain off the abscess. She still has the scar.
She couldn't talk for four days, it was bliss.
Sometimes they take the piss like. They work on you like a f***ing dummy. You should've said something tbh.

Horror story what happened to your lass though. Fuck THAT.

People kept saying that to me when I had two wisdom teeth out a year or two ago. I thought they were being melodramatic americans. Is it a real issue?

Can be if you don't get/dislodge a blood clot as it's just nerves exposed to air. Meant to absolutely knack

Touch wood never had an issue when I had a tooth out

I had to have extractions as a teen due to overcrowding. I had one tooth out since then due to an infection in the gum/root.
I’m lucky enough to have quite nice visible teeth, but my molars aren’t great due to loads of kets as a kid. I’ve had a few root canals and fillings.

Purely from a pain point of view, a root canal is much worse than an extraction, but even then it’s not exactly terrible. The worst IMO is when they drill/burr the tooth, and blow cold air into the hole. Horrible.

Why the heck can’t the machine costing thousands of pounds gently warm the air? It would be far more comfortable.

Puff. I don't even bother with the anaesthetic.
My last two fillings I had without anesthetic :cool: But he did catch the nerve once, fuck me my eyes were watering!

Had one of my wisdom out early teens. The dentist on Fulwell road had a right job, he had to stand on the arm of the chair pushing down as hard as he could until you heard the crack, never forget that.

Thoughts are with anyone attending the dentist's surgery today...you'll be fine! My bed sheets and pillowcases are in the wash as I type....twas like an abbatoir this morning!

Last one I had out would have been about nigh on 20 years ago at the dental hospital I'd bitten into a double decker and my tooth snapped in half.
I still remember the young lass nigh on kneeling on my chest to yank it out, it snapped again then she had to dig about for the rest of it :neutral:.

Just hope you don't get dry socket

I had a lower wisdom tooth out 3 weeks ago, I was right as rain for 3 days then the pain set in. My dentist announced I had 'dry socket' and stuffed the gaping hole where the tooth had been with this horrible smelling gauze stuff, and put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks. Its not a nice sensation when the gauze starts to drop to bits and fall away inside yer gob.

Back