Getting a cat declawed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this cruel?

The missus wants this done because she is worried about furniture getting scratched.

I am against it, but losing the war as usual..

Of course it's f***ing cruel. Ask her if she would like her fingernails taken out, incase she scratches the furniture? :evil:

I'm not a cat lover but FFS, she sounds a reet materialistic ***! :evil:

If it's on medical grounds then fair enough... BUT... :evil:

Mine just tried to scratch my eyes out when I do that.

I just accept that I need to slap a bit of paint on a particular piece of the living room every couple of months.
In fairness having said ours only scratch outside, one of them likes to dig her claws into the carpet over and over - I think she's shedding old claw tissue that way instead of by scratching. There's the odd bit of carpet near the wall where she's pulled it up and we keep having to stick it back down - it'll never look as good as new but I don't care. I get far more pleasure from her than from perfect carpets.

In fairness having said ours only scratch outside, one of them likes to dig her claws into the carpet over and over - I think she's shedding old claw tissue that way instead of by scratching. There's the odd bit of carpet near the wall where she's pulled it up and we keep having to stick it back down - it'll never look as good as new but I don't care. I get far more pleasure from her than from perfect carpets.

Aye my ones a little sod for scratching carpet always in the same spot behind the curtain so out of site.

Aye think that's what they're doing when do that or cleaning them not sure

Wish I could say the same, I hate that f***ing cat. :lol:

The simple solution is not to have a cat if a cat's behavior is going to annoy you. Especially if it's to the point you'd seriously think of de-clawing a cat because of the furniture. That's proper selfish and thick as fuck.

:lol:

Is it a little bastard like? Sometimes they're the best ones, real characters. I had one once like that but I still lost my heart to her.
She's just not personable at all, just a fat feral bitch tbh. My involvement in getting her was when the Mrs rang me when I was on my way to work one morning and said "we have a kitten now, get cat food and stuff on your lunch break". We weren't even thinking about getting one. :lol:

The simple solution is not to have a cat if a cat's behavior is going to annoy you. Especially if it's to the point you'd seriously think of de-clawing a cat because of the furniture. That's proper selfish and thick as fuck.
I have a cat, dog, and a kid. They all annoy me.

I was lucky my old cat never scratched my leather settee, it did used to scrat at the bottom stair and the carpet wad a mess, but luckily the stairs are St the back of the house and behind a door so only I saw it.

Used to scratch the fuck out of me and just randomly attack me but I never for one minute thought about declawing it.

f***ing horrible getting a cat declawed :confused: @FootballFan , I bought my cat a scratchpost and a cardboard scratch pad thingy which he loves - he's a cat. Cats scratch shit (I've noticed the bugger has had a bit of a swipe at my wallpaper anarl) and I just have to suck that shit up, as any loving cat owner would do ;).
When I had a cat growing up and blown visual wallpaper was all the rage (wallpaper with like a raised soft foam pattern on) she used to literally climb it upto the ceiling was funny as fuck to see like spider cat:lol: she grew out of it after a few years like

I was lucky my old cat never scratched my leather settee, it did used to scrat at the bottom stair and the carpet wad a mess, but luckily the stairs are St the back of the house and behind a door so only I saw it.

Used to scratch the fuck out of me and just randomly attack me but I never for one minute thought about declawing it.

When I had a cat growing up and blown vinyl wallpaper was all the rage (wallpaper with like a raised soft foam pattern on) she used to literally climb it upto the ceiling was funny as fuck to see like spider cat:lol: she grew out of it after a few years like

I was lucky my old cat never scratched my leather settee, it did used to scrat at the bottom stair and the carpet wad a mess, but luckily the stairs are at the back of the house and behind a door so only I saw it.

When I had a cat growing up and blown vinyl wallpaper was all the rage (wallpaper with like a raised soft foam pattern on) she used to literally climb it upto the ceiling was funny as fuck to see like spider cat:lol: she grew out of it after a few years like

Used to scratch the fuck out of me and just randomly attack me but I never for one minute thought about declawing it

Totally fucked my quotes up there!!!

Last edited:
Exactly

Although if is an outdoor cat then I think the claws will wear down from outdoor use anyway. The cat will scratch a lot outside. Outdoor cat owners can tell me if I'm talking shit. Mine is a house cat so I have to cut hers.
I don't get this whole house cat thing personally. Surely that's on the same track as declawing the thing, albeit less drastic?

Cats are supposed to be outside hunters not locked indoors unable to go out and claim their territory. Surely you're denying the cat its instinctive lifestyle purely to keep it as a vanity project.

Is this cruel?

The missus wants this done because she is worried about furniture getting scratched.

I am against it, but losing the war as usual..

Just wait a few generations and they will be able to grow clawless cats like they grow thornless roses

I don't get this whole house cat thing personally. Surely that's on the same track as declawing the thing, albeit less drastic?

Cats are supposed to be outside hunters not locked indoors unable to go out and claim their territory. Surely you're denying the cat its instinctive lifestyle purely to keep it as a vanity project.

I agree, harsh locking a cat inside all day it's like having a dog and not walking it ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back