Get Your Pets Microchipped

They're mostly pretty good at establishing a base. I'm sure the odd freak cat will suffer separation anxiety from humans but they are largely independent creatures.
I disagree. Had cats all my life and that would be only true of one of them.
I always wonder about having more than one cat or, dare I say it, a cat and a dog. Not an option currently, she's a one human, one pet type of girl. I'm pretty sure she'd go off on one if she knew that I sometimes feed friends' cats if they're away. Note: go off on one means sit in a cardboard box sulking for a day or two but for food and poo/wee breaks as far as my cat is concerned.
It is difficult when the cat is older. Suggestion: next time get 2 together as it's great watching them play and groom each other.

Those cat flaps operate from the microchips in their shoulders. First one we thought you have to pass the cat through the door when assembling it on the dining room table. Turns out you just have to put the cat near the built in microchip detector. A much better idea.
The in laws cat used to be a right bastard and would bite and scratch most people that stroked him.

They installed one of those microchip cat flaps and he literally changed personality overnight. Turns out local cats were coming in the house and stealing his food. Once that stopped and he didn’t have to defend his territory he chilled out.

I disagree. Had cats all my life and that would be only true of one of them.

It is difficult when the cat is older. Suggestion: next time get 2 together as it's great watching them play and groom each other.
We lost our little ginger cat a couple of years ago and the other stressed out for weeks afterwards. I miss watching them play and groom. He used to knead her belly and purr, like she was his Mam and he was her kitten.

Now she’s just by herself but she’s getting old any don’t think she’d handle another brother. She’s got two tearaway humans to deal with anyway - and she does, she’s an absolute trooper. They pull her tail and “cuddle” her and she just lets them. She’s 15 anarl, she should want an easier life tbh.

Last edited:
Those cat flaps operate from the microchips in their shoulders. First one we thought you have to pass the cat through the door when assembling it on the dining room table. Turns out you just have to put the cat near the built in microchip detector. A much better idea.

We did consider that idea when i fitted our catflap, but no sure if it is foolproof. On occasions we've had ours come through the flap like a missile. If it didn't work, they break their neck.

Back