George RR Martin: a new Game of Thrones book is coming …

The books are relentlessly boring. The two lads who do the telly should be given tremendous credit for pulling out such a great show from his meandering bollocks.

He's lost motivation since the series went past the books and they know how Martin planned to end it.
Would not surprise me if winds of winter never sees the light of day....kinda a bummer when I'm just about to start book 2

He's lost motivation since the series went past the books and they know how Martin planned to end it.
Would not surprise me if winds of winter never sees the light of day....kinda a bummer when I'm just about to start book 2
I agree I don't expect it to be finished in book form which is awful. The books are brilliant and while I was initially impressed with the TV show it's just not as good an experience as reading the books.

I got woo bored of the series likez too many plot lines and i like stuff where I see an ending in sight, GOT just strikes me as eastenders with fantasy dragons.

Now that I've just said that how much better would EastEnders be with a crossover

Winds of winter will eventually get done I think there’s no Chance of a dream of spring its a shame as the shows has lost something since going past the book just not as brilliant as it used to be

Problem was at book 3 the story looked like it was coming to an end but then in book 4 he added loads of new characters and storylines which complicated the story I mean in book 1 there was only 7 POV characters now I think there is currently 22

Problem was at book 3 the story looked like it was coming to an end but then in book 4 he added loads of new characters and storylines which complicated the story I mean in book 1 there was only 7 POV characters now I think there is currently 22
The problem was there was supposed to be a 5 year gap in the story between 3 and 4. It didn't work and he had to try and fill a lot of blanks he never intended on writing.

I think the books are amazing. Some people find FoC and DwD boring but I love the world building.
One thing that stands out to me is how great Stannis is in the books but is such a boring character on the show. Some great speeches of his left out which show his human side - especially the one about Renly's Peach.
I even think he'll beat the Boltons at the Battle of Winterfell, luring the Freys on to a thin lake of ice and drowning them, then his army will join up with the Manderlys (who hate the Boltons), whom will make a plan with Stannis to fake his death using his sword Lightbringer and then the gates of Winterfell will be opened and Stannis's men will put the Boltons to the sword.

Ultimately think he'll die when the Walkers come south. He'll sacrifice Shireen but die in vein because the sword is a fake and he isn't the real Azor Ahai.

Last edited:
I think the books are great. One thing that stands out to me is how great Stannis is in the books but is such a boring character in the show. Some great speeches of his left out which show his human side - especially the one about Renly's Peach.
I even think he'll beat the Boltons at the Battle of Winterfell, luring the Freys on to a thin lake of ice and drowning them, then his army will join up with the Manderlys (who hate the Boltons), whom will make a plan with Stannis to fake his death using his sword Lightbringer and then the gates of Winterfell will be opened and Stannis's men will put the Boltons to the sword.

Ultimately think he'll die when the Walkers come south. He'll sacrifice Shireen but die in vein because the sword is a fake and he isn't the real Azor Ahai.

I watched the shows first so I’m looking forward to seeing Stannis’ story take a different path.

I did read that Michael Dillane who plays Stannis, didn’t really ‘get’ the character. I think he did a really good job mind, but he just didn’t understand Stannis.

Back