George Reynolds

He wanted to supply Homeworthy with chipboard at one point. Wouldn’t believe how much we were getting it from Egger for. In the middle of the meeting he shouted one of his salesmen in, chucked some car keys at him. Told him his new company jag was there now run out and get some egg sarnies in for everyone. We never bought owt from him.

He wanted to supply Homeworthy with chipboard at one point. Wouldn’t believe how much we were getting it from Egger for. In the middle of the meeting he shouted one of his salesmen in, chucked some car keys at him. Told him his new company jag was there now run out and get some egg sarnies in for everyone. We never bought owt from him.

Building houses on the Homeworthy site now iirc.

He was a right prick.

Do you remember the gateman - think he was called Gordon (I may have that wrong) - he used to salute Moyes when he drove on site.
When I was in the spec dept our office used to overlook the gatehouse. Used to wait for him seeing to a delivery driver and start ringing his phone. Obviously put it down just before he got to it. RIP Gordon aka the Californian raisin.

When I was in the spec dept our office used to overlook the gatehouse. Used to wait for him seeing to a delivery driver and start ringing his phone. Obviously put it down just before he got to it. RIP Gordon aka the Californian raisin.

I was in Production Control with Doug and Lee.

Last i saw of Lee he was on the taxis.

Yes, Station iirc, fantastic lad, his brother was on trial with the mags but didn’t get kept on, he used to keep us all updated on his progress.

Haven’t seen him since I left the place, no idea what happened to Doug.

Shame the place eventually folded, lots of great lads that worked there.

Yes, Station iirc, fantastic lad, his brother was on trial with the mags but didn’t get kept on, he used to keep us all updated on his progress.

Haven’t seen him since I left the place, no idea what happened to Doug.

Shame the place eventually folded, lots of great lads that worked there.
Doug went to work for porters I think. Must be retired by now I reckon. I take it you were the youngun in the office? C?

Doug went to work for porters I think. Must be retired by now I reckon. I take it you were the youngun in the office? C?

Porters?

I heard he later worked for Ian M who used to be manager of the Mill - something to do with fire doors iirc

Not Chris I was the anxious moody c**t (slightly older than Chris).

I left to set my own business up and Chris occasionally worked for me on weekends.

Chris was a fantastic and very bright young lad - I expect he’s doing well for himself now - think he lived in Shields at the time.

Porters?

I heard he later worked for Ian M who used to be manager of the Mill - something to do with fire doors iirc

Not Chris I was the anxious moody c**t (slightly older than Chris).

I left to set my own business up and Chris occasionally worked for me on weekends.

Chris was a fantastic and very bright young lad - I expect he’s doing well for himself now - think he lived in Shields at the time.
Aye, that’s porters. If you look McSally up on companies house he’s very dubious.

P?

Aye, that’s porters. If you look McSally up on companies house he’s very dubious.

P?

Ah, right. That’s interesting, McSally was always a jovial character from what I remember of him, blonde hair, glasses and red cheeks.

Do you remember the bloke McSally replaced as mill manager, short bloke always chain smoking - think they moved him somewhere else in the factory? Can’t remember his name.

No not P - I may not have been around the same time as you.
Edit: was your boss a large gent with glasses, think he was called Jim?

Last edited:
Ah, right. That’s interesting, McSally was always a jovial character from what I remember of him, blonde hair, glasses and red cheeks.

Do you remember the bloke McSally replaced as mill manager, short bloke always chain smoking - think they moved him somewhere else in the factory? Can’t remember his name.

No not P - I may not have been around the same time as you.
Edit: was your boss a large gent with glasses, think he was called Jim?
Richard somebody, surname escapes me. I worked with Jimmy for a bit, walked like the penguin.

Back