George Honeyman: Revisited.

It was the right decision at the time to try and move the squad forward. Hindsight is a great thing though. Fair play to George, he’s since worked hard to become a decent Championship player and he’d easily get in our team now.
Runs all day .. but usually on a road to nowhere.....good enough league one player and at best championship He was sold because one of the few members our squad worth anything!

Runs all day .. but usually on a road to nowhere.....good enough league one player and at best championship He was sold because one of the few members our squad worth anything!
"at best championship" is an odd isult..we wish we had loads of players now who are champo level
It was the right decision at the time to try and move the squad forward. Hindsight is a great thing though. Fair play to George, he’s since worked hard to become a decent Championship player and he’d easily get in our team now.
he got in our team the last time we were in the champo..scored a few goals as well..he didnt have to iprove to be lower champo standard at least...he just had to managed properly

Last edited:
I liked him, but his time at Sunderland was up and needed a fresh start. Great to see he’s doing alright in the championship, 5 goals isn’t to shabby. He’s actually played more games for Hull now (100) than he did for us (83). Sometimes I think maybe this is what Gooch needs..

He’s a different player to what you had (and who first signed for us).

He’s been absolutely class to the extent I’d much rather sell KLP than Honeyman. In fact, I’d rather lose any player than him at the moment – he’s that important. He’s the main reason we are not in the bottom 3 and why we were champions last season.

I know these things can grate at times, but you should be proud that one of your youth players has made it as such a model pro. Reflects well on your club too in truth.
Spot on.
I think making him captain was a mistake, because he was almost guaranteed a start even when his form wasn’t good. Another mistake was playing him as a number ten. He was an inexperienced player, in truth, and shouldered too much responsibility. He tried to do everybody else’s job, and neglected his own.
I’m glad he’s doing well

Sometimes I think maybe this is what Gooch needs..

Needs what ?

He’s played over 100 games in the 3 seasons prior to this one and if it hadn’t been for injury he would probably have played more.

I would never query his work rate or commitment but the shortcomings in his game have been apparent since he broke into the first team and they are still there. He has good spells but the increased competition now will really be a challenge for him.

Needs what ?

He’s played over 100 games in the 3 seasons prior to this one and if it hadn’t been for injury he would probably have played more.

I would never query his work rate or commitment but the shortcomings in his game have been apparent since he broke into the first team and they are still there. He has good spells but the increased competition now will really be a challenge for him.
Needs a new challenge after this season imo

Ran around chasing the ball a lot then blowing out of his arse for the next half hour.

Surprised someone mentioned his footballing brain, he never seemed in control of a game for me and as mentioned above he was always chasing it as he wasn’t up to speed. Every time I see hull’s score he always seems to be on the scoresheet mind but I wasn’t a big fan of his.

Should never have been made captain as people have said, it seemed to make him un-droppable as if Ross had made his choice and he had to justify it regardless of how wrong it was.

Back