BBC George Honeyman: Hull City sign Sunderland captain on three-year deal

Hull can take our captain off us on the eve of a new season it does not matter what we thought of him.We are the lowest we have ever been in our history thanks to bad owners since the 50s.

He's still only a young man and when he adds some more maturity to his play - and perhaps gets a season in a permanent position - he can do well at Championship level. His effort and commitment has been outstanding, not least in the catastrophic 2017/18 season.

Good luck, George - some of us are very sorry to see you go.

He's still only a young man and when he adds some more maturity to his play - and perhaps gets a season in a permanent position - he can do well at Championship level. His effort and commitment has been outstanding, not least in the catastrophic 2017/18 season.

Good luck, George - some of us are very sorry to see you go.
He won’t do well in the championship, he struggled in League one ffs

Deservedly so. f***ing shite and his decision making is chronic.

Eh? Since when?
Divn't shoot the messenger marra. I was just adding my own personal thoughts. I thought he seemed OK tho, at the start of last season and the end of Colemans reign. You just need look at all the other responses on here to see that their are some diverse views. Some would only reserve JM from criticism.
Wyke by a country mile.

The useless fuck.
Do you honestly think that Grigg is better mate? Serious question. Wyke at least looks arsed to me.

leadbitter cos slow. power cos doesn't score enough from midfield. gooch cos isn't mcgeady. mcgeady cos end product isn't consistent. wyke cos carthorse. grigg cos lazy.

i lose track of the criticisms our fans have for our league 1 team of league 1 and lower championship standard players who don't perform like hazard, salah etc week in week out
I am still hurting from the Moyes / Short destruction of Sunderland we are left hoping our L1 team can climb us out of this nightmare period of Sunderland. Worst it’s been since I started supporting the lads in ‘78....

In a world of talented mercenaries, Honeyman was a local lad who cared deeply for the club and who tried his best but wasn't really influential or effective.

He's what you get when all you want is someone who gives a damn, without having the talent to actually make the difference needed.

He's be absolutely f***ing devastated at what has happened but it's hopefully a step forward for the club in footballers terms

Seems like he was never offered an extension from his interview with hull. Not sure I get that if he was made captain. Suspect ross was informed by hill or someone that he was going to be sold.

Back