George Dobson

Very similar though.
Dobson still looks for the easy backpass or a crab-like sideways pass.
He made a lot of forward passes on Saturday.
In general Dobson was successful with 39 of his 42 attempted passes (93%); however, Dobson’s attacking intent with the ball at his feet was the most impressive aspect of his game.

Dobson made 33 attacking passes in the game with 31 of those finding a teammate (94%) - one of which allowed Kyle Lafferty to tee up Chris Maguire. Furthermore, Dobson tried two key passes during the game, with one proving to be successful.

He's good at that, and often he'll play it on his first touch.
I think some on here don't want to see improvement in the lad, they want to give it the customary writing off.
He's shite blah, blah, blah.
Rubbish, I would love to see a player in him, but IMO he's rank average. I see nothing in him that says he's decent and can continue to develop/progress. He's the better out of our two CM's, Power is even more ineffective.

If we get promoted, Dobson (and Power) will need replacing, as he's nowhere near good enough for the Championship. He could potentially forge a career out in L1.

If he prove me wrong however, I'll hold my hands up and eat the same humble pie I ate regarding Parkinson.
I couldn't give a fuck if they agree with me or not.
It's when they simply write a player off.

You can either see something in a player or can't, I can't, you can, so we'll agree to disagree!

Last edited:
Rubbish, I would love to see a player in him, but IMO he's rank average. I see nothing in him that says he's decent and can continue to develop/progress. He's the better out of our two CM's, Power is even more ineffective.

If we get promoted, Dobson (and Power) will need replacing, as he's nowhere near good enough for the Championship. He could potentially forge a career out in L1.

If he prove me wrong however, I'll hold my hands up and eat the same humble pie I ate regarding Parkinson.

You can either see something in a player or can't, I can't, you can, so we'll agree to disagree!
I wasn't commenting on whether longer term he's good enough, I was commenting on who had a good game on Saturday, and he did.
Whether he progresses, well he may not, but he is young seems to have a good attitude and I'm not prepared to write the lad off yet, I never do that I always like to give players every chance.
There's been numerous examples of players who've been dismissed as shite over the years and have come good.
He's a Sunderland player and I want him to get better and succeed.

Not my cup of tea, absolutely terrible in the first half on Saturday. I’ll happily hold my hands up if he ever plays well for the majority of a game never mind the full ninety minutes ,but I’m yet to see it.

Not my cup of tea, absolutely terrible in the first half on Saturday. I’ll happily hold my hands up if he ever plays well for the majority of a game never mind the full ninety minutes ,but I’m yet to see it.

He already has, at Burnley in the cup. Great full 90 minutes, pressed them all over the pitch AND scored.

Id argue there have been plenty of other good full 90 minutes from him, but that was the first standout

He already has, at Burnley in the cup. Great full 90 minutes, pressed them all over the pitch AND scored.

Id argue there have been plenty of other good full 90 minutes from him, but that was the first standout
He was ok nothing more imo against Burnley, the Chronicle gave him 7/10 in a game which we managed to win with 37 per cent possession. Sums him up for me, at his best he runs about a lot and thats about it.

we have only had ki, mvila and kirchoff in recent years who were not total plodders on the ball, so young, keen and athletic is a decent start for us.

I think he's bang average and don't hold out much hope he can progress to be a thing other than a league one player.
So why was he at West Ham as a youngster ???
He was better than power in both half’s yet your singling him out

Last edited:

Back