George Dobson

Agree 100%
Some on here cannot see the wood for the trees IMHO.

There's a difference between rating someone and assessing a performance in isolation. I'm not sure I rate him very highly, yet he does good things and has been one of our best players in a number of games.

I've read people saying on here he's done nothing when he's been easily one of the best players on the pitch. This is more a general point than aimed at the poster above.

He’s had 1 bad game in about the last 4 where he’s been one of the best in the pitch why are people knocking a young lad who will improve he’s obv got potential

I can only assume you’re not watching
I just have a different opinion, I’m not slagging the bloke but don’t agree he’s been anything but average at best this season.
So why was he at West Ham as a youngster ???

He was better than power in both half’s yet your singling him out
I’m not singling anyone out, he’s just not very good imo. We are still allowed an opinion?

Last edited:
The way Parkinson sets up his midfield both Dobson and Power have a lot of work to do.
He probs covers more ground than any other player, isn’t effective enough mind and wastes some of his running at times.
Its difficult though because we are in this shit league, isnt he exactly what we need and will get?
If we get promoted maybe he isn’t good enough then, but until then he’s doing fine and having less poor games now.
Still believe him or Power should be contributing to goals or at least shots on target mind.

Not gonna comment on how good he has been, I’ve heard mixed reports that he’s quality on second and poor the next. But at his age, you can’t rule out progression. He may not have been good enough for West Ham, but Conor Hourihane wasn’t good enough for Sunderland. Times’ change, I know we probably don’t have the time to develop a player for a couple of years, but that’s down to the demand of certain things.

Back