George Dobson

f***ing sick of gimps arguing amongst themselves and bumping new signing threads up. Pop on to have a look and there’s people splitting hairs over nowt in particular from last season.
It's SMB close-season meltdown syndrome. all of the resident FIFA/PES ninja's come out and tell the professionals what they should be doing and how it should be done. Keeps them off the streets I suppose.

Poor George Dobson has our sharpened claws gripping sharply at his temple as our ravenous hunger rips him from the Saddlers and drags him towards the ever growing trees and into the savage beak of our midfield.
In that I see a man chained to a rock, eviscerated by eagles for eternity, it sounds rather Promethean, Sir RC. If not dissimilar to the life story of Stephen Roger Bruce, as cinematically depicted by Walt Disney/Pixar. I like it.

And you can have a like for being an early R.E.M. fan. Is that right?
I am a total REM fan, early and late, although some of last stuff wasn't particularly good but I stuck by them until they called it quits. Seen them twice at Loch Lomond and Old Trafford Cricket ground and somebody asked what the experience was like, I stated it was like seeing your team playing in a cup final only this time winning. Seen the tribute band twice at the O2 academy in Newcastle and they are good, so I still get my fill of live REM songs being sung.

I am a total REM fan, early and late, although some of last stuff wasn't particularly good but I stuck by them until they called it quits. Seen them twice at Loch Lomond and Old Trafford Cricket ground and somebody asked what the experience was like, I stated it was like seeing your team playing in a cup final only this time winning. Seen the tribute band twice at the O2 academy in Newcastle and they are good, so I still get my fill of live REM songs being sung.
I saw them 12 times and met them twice. Including at Newcastle Tiffanys on the first tour when there were 25 people there. Best band there ever was up to about Monster

I saw them 12 times and met them twice. Including at Newcastle Tiffanys on the first tour when there were 25 people there. Best band there ever was up to about Monster
That's sounds brilliant mate, didn't really discover them myself until about 1990 but bought all the back catalogue. I actually still liked Reveal and Up but I know what you mean about the later stuff. Nice to talk to another fan, as I seem to be the only one around here has even heard of them. However the wife (no) and kids like them, but they have no choice.

That's sounds brilliant mate, didn't really discover them myself until about 1990 but bought all the back catalogue. I actually still liked Reveal and Up but I know what you mean about the later stuff. Nice to talk to another fan, as I seem to be the only one around here has even heard of them. However the wife (no) and kids like them, but they have no choice.
Well this thread has definitely gone off topic now! Good band btw ;)

Back