George Dobson

This, in fact people were saying he was often dropping too deep to receive the ball. The idea Mcgeouch is the only one to do it or offers anything more is f***ing fantasy.

Just not true though, Leadbitter always shows for the ball and comes short too, plus he's got a much much better range of passing, short or long. He maybe doesn't read the game quite as well (maybe that's due to him actually looking forward rather than sitting and just looking for runners) but he's also more combatative.

No problem with McGeough, but he isn't Paul Bracewell, the new Kante, his type of play hasn't invented the wheel or doing anything different for the team than some others, he's just a good(ish) player for a League One side and we have a few of them.
I don't agree leadbitters passing is better, he seems to constantly underhit passes. Do agree though he also offers himself for the ball. To be honest I think they are much of a muchness them 2 really. Mcgeough is still fairly young though and can improve which is the reason I would like to see him get his chance. Injuries are obviously the main concern.

I don't agree leadbitters passing is better, he seems to constantly underhit passes. Do agree though he also offers himself for the ball. To be honest I think they are much of a muchness them 2 really. Mcgeough is still fairly young though and can improve which is the reason I would like to see him get his chance. Injuries are obviously the main concern.
He does underhit a fair few passes, which I put down to him hitting the ball softer due to the relatively shite players around him not having the ability to control the ball very well, as there is a reason they are 3rd division players after all

Back