George Dobson

Power scored 3

EDIT : bollocks, he scored 4

You are obsessed with me

Thing is, before the season started you wouldn't have had Catts down to score as many as he did......who's to say this lad won't bag a few or at least assist?

Nothing at all marra, nothing at all

Just disagreeing with the statement we don't need midfield goals, we do.

No nout about this lad, hope he does well

Mate we need goals from centre mid, only Cattermole got any

Power n Mcgeough got 2 between them

But there's three players, arguably 5 making up the midfield depending on how we set up. in fact earlier in the season Gooch was almost playing wing back rather than an out and out wide forward.

in the league

Gooch scored 5
Catts 7
Honeyman 6
Power 2
Mcgeady 11
Maguire was it 7?

Arguably some of those can be classed as players who are also expected to get in more forward positions. But we werent lacking goals from midfield.

But there's three players, arguably 5 making up the midfield depending on how we set up. in fact earlier in the season Gooch was almost playing wing back rather than an out and out wide forward.

in the league

Gooch scored 5
Catts 7
Honeyman 6
Power 2
Mcgeady 11
Maguire was it 7?

Arguably some of those can be classed as players who are also expected to get in more forward positions. But we werent lacking goals from midfield.

We are talking about central midfield mate, and Catts has gone so his goals need replacing.

in the league

Gooch scored 5
Catts 7
Honeyman 6
Power 2
Mcgeady 11
Maguire was it 7?

Power scored 4 in the league

If we continue to play 4-2-3-1 Leadbitter and an energetic terrier like midfielder with a bit of physical prowess will make us instantly better. His stats suggests he’s not in the McGeouch mould of never venturing into or really close to the box. To be a captain at 21 and play so many games is encouraging at any professional level. We don’t need Roy Keane and Paul Scholes in the middle of the Park we just need someone who can close players down, tackle, get to second balls etc. he’s also a decent height and will bring us closer to solving our physicality issues.

Gonna be a lot of central midfielders. McGeouch, Power, Leadbitter, Robson, Dobson then Honeyman and 09 who could play there or further forward. Must be at least 1 leaving.

I think one or two maybe off and Leadbitter can't last a full 90 these days so he needs a replacement at 33 yrs old.
Oh now you’ve done it, that’ll be another thread ruined

Na, I'm more focused on our forwards outscoring the midfield this time round :D

I think one or two maybe off and Leadbitter can't last a full 90 these days so he needs a replacement at 33 yrs old.

Na, I'm more focused on our forwards outscoring the midfield this time round :D

Well we have Leadbitter under contract longer than any of the others so that's not ideal! I'm hoping we get a rejuvenated Leadbitter this season, must've been shite playing in them circumstances last season.

I remember being impressed with him watching the walsall barnsley game on TV where barnsley won late on.

Same.. This is all I know of him, he played well that day. Looked like he had what we lacked in the middle of the park. Just one game though so tough to judge overall.

Back