Geoff Boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boycs knows the score.

It is almost impossible to play an expansive game on subcontinent pitches. Old school Test cricket and playing straight with patience is the name of the game. Oh aye, not to mention the ability to play spin. Lets face it, too few of our batsmen play spin with much authority. Look no further than the skipper :oops:

A long and frustrating winter could be on the cards.

He is of course correct, but how many batsmen in the modern game are capable of doing exactly what he has said?

The introduction of T20 has upped scoring rates in tests to the point where batsmen find it hard to go down the gears where needed in test matches.

Having said that, in Cook and Trott, England have 2 of the more patient and innings building batsmen around.

he makes very valid points. i was saying during the test that it seemed our batsmen felt the need to try and score at over 3 an over. 2 an over is good going in those conditions.

I don't agree with all what Boycott says, its so easy to jump on the bandwagon and and lay the blame entirely at the feet of the batters. How can he say that par score was 350 and then go on to say that our bowlers did well to restrict them to that. Surely the bowlers must get them out cheaper to warrant such an accolade? How does he know we couldn't have got them out cheaper if we played two spinners? For him to dismiss the idea out of hand is foolhardy imo.

So I see your Boycott and raise you a Michael Atherton and Nasser Hussain who have both said the two spinner option isn't a bad idea.

Good article - not the most insightful mind. A blind man sitting backwards blindfolded on a donkey could see that we lost the test match because of our batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back