Genuinely one of the most sad/depressing things I’ve heard in years

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that worries me.. if and when we drop into the 3rd tier does Rodwell still get his 70k a week? do the rest of the high earner still get their full salary? it will be the end of the club..
No it won't because we'll still have the Sacriston Iniesta ( Embleton) and the ginger Ronaldo ( Watmore)

So what do the club gain from stopping them go on loan?
It used to be a systematic no as they thought that some clubs didn't develop players properly. It could be argued that the removal of emergency loans made that a more pronounced thing (not wanting to send players to clubs who would t use them too). With Moyes it tended to be a case of not wanting to leave the first team short - regardless of how unlikely it was that they'd be used. Moyes was one of the last ones who believed his press about how good he was for youth development.

Personally, I'd be saying that it should be club policy that loans like the Robson Barnsley one couldn't be turned down for mere 'just in case' reasons. There's another perspective on Robson's position as it stands now - a more nuanced position that the one set out in the article - but it can't be denied that we didn't do him any favours in that particular instance.

Henderson was all academy input and limited ability. And he is England and Liverpool captain. So they must be getting something right. I'd hedge bets on us being in the top 10 English clubs possibly higher in the production of players playing in the top 2 divisions.

That said we could be number 1 if we got the correct coaches and implemented the correct programme.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/20...elf-serving-development-stunting-youth-system

Appalling.

Players made to train alone, a decision taken over the head of the U23s coach, because they wouldn’t accept a miserly payoff in the summer. Lads that have been at SAFC since the age of 8, treated like crap.

Another shameful episode in the recent history of Sunderland AFC.

Just when you think things could nt get more depressing.

It used to be a systematic no as they thought that some clubs didn't develop players properly. It could be argued that the removal of emergency loans made that a more pronounced thing (not wanting to send players to clubs who would t use them too). With Moyes it tended to be a case of not wanting to leave the first team short - regardless of how unlikely it was that they'd be used. Moyes was one of the last ones who believed his press about how good he was for youth development.

Personally, I'd be saying that it should be club policy that loans like the Robson Barnsley one couldn't be turned down for mere 'just in case' reasons. There's another perspective on Robson's position as it stands now - a more nuanced position that the one set out in the article - but it can't be denied that we didn't do him any favours in that particular instance.

Loans should be allowed for Divs 1 and 2 but not for PL and Ch.

Same thing happened with Liam Agnew. He was captain of the U23's and now he's at Harrogate Town. Could've had loads to league 1 but it was blocked under Poyet.

Absolutely baffling. You're stunting a young footballers career by no giving them a chance. Other clubs are less likely to take a punt on them if they've not been tested at first team level

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/20...elf-serving-development-stunting-youth-system

Shocking situation going on under the radar and no questions being asked by the media prior to this article.

Sorry if its been posted already.
Even more shocking, there is a hint of hard hitting, investigative journalism from a roker report blog! If it hasn't been thoroughly researched then they are some fairly libellous accusations to throw at the club, so I hope that RR have done their homework.

I wrote about this when it happened around three years ago.

Friend of mine has a very talented son, at the time the three 'big' north east clubs were wanting him for the academies aged 9.

Mate is a Sunderland fan, so was delighted when the scout approached him. He was invited to the AOL for a look around etc etc. Can't remember the time, but we'll say he was asked to be there for 10am for arguments sake. They sat in reception for nearly an hour. When one of the coaches finally showed up to take him around, there was no apology, no acknowledgement of their lateness, he got a very rushed tour, then left in reception after being told someone will be in touch.

They went to Newcastle and got treat like royalty, nothing was a bother to them. He signed for Newcastle purely because of how SAFC treated his son on the day. He's still at NUFC and absolutely thriving.

Sunderland got in touch about 3 weeks after original tour. They were told where to go.

Folks rave about our academy but it's an absolute farce.

I wrote about this when it happened around three years ago.

Friend of mine has a very talented son, at the time the three 'big' north east clubs were wanting him for the academies aged 9.

Mate is a Sunderland fan, so was delighted when the scout approached him. He was invited to the AOL for a look around etc etc. Can't remember the time, but we'll say he was asked to be there for 10am for arguments sake. They sat in reception for nearly an hour. When one of the coaches finally showed up to take him around, there was no apology, no acknowledgement of their lateness, he got a very rushed tour, then left in reception after being told someone will be in touch.

They went to Newcastle and got treat like royalty, nothing was a bother to them. He signed for Newcastle purely because of how SAFC treated his son on the day. He's still at NUFC and absolutely thriving.

Sunderland got in touch about 3 weeks after original tour. They were told where to go.

Folks rave about our academy but it's an absolute farce.

It's pretty obvious that the academy is run by a bunch of comfortable idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back