Gentoo.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Following a bus there with an ad for Gentoo homes at Doxford Park. “Three, four and five bedroom homes FROM £186k”

Given that this was universally a social housing estate they inherited do they not have a responsibility to provide a bulk of social housing on their developments.

Don’t get me wrong, the estate was hideous and what they’re building is much better but those prices surely prohibit a good percentage of local people from the market.

Following a bus there with an ad for Gentoo homes at Doxford Park. “Three, four and five bedroom homes FROM £186k”

Given that this was universally a social housing estate they inherited do they not have a responsibility to provide a bulk of social housing on their developments.

Don’t get me wrong, the estate was hideous and what they’re building is much better but those prices surely prohibit a good percentage of local people from the market.
There is some social housing on that site. The money Gentoo offered previous home owners there was an absolute disgrace mind.

Edit: That's if you mean the court estate.

There is some social housing on that site. The money Gentoo offered previous home owners there was an absolute disgrace mind.

Edit: That's if you mean the court estate.

Haven’t heard the term “Court” used mate. I assume it’s the development where all the flat roofed houses were. I appreciate that there is some social housing but nowhere near the levels previously so you wonder where those people went....into the private sector I’d imagine.

Haven’t heard the term “Court” used mate. I assume it’s the development where all the flat roofed houses were. I appreciate that there is some social housing but nowhere near the levels previously so you wonder where those people went....into the private sector I’d imagine.
The whole of that estate was a series of little courts mate.

People were offered other Gentoo properties around the city to either stay temporarily and apply for a Doxy house or take it as a permanent move. People who owned their own Doxy house had the lovely option of living amongst rats and burnt out houses or taking circa 20k for their 4 bedroomed family home. I'm assuming there isn't anyway near the number of houses replacing the ones knocked down so you do wonder how it all works like.

The whole of that estate was a series of little courts mate.

People were offered other Gentoo properties around the city to either stay temporarily and apply for a Doxy house or take it as a permanent move. People who owned their own Doxy house had the lovely option of living amongst rats and burnt out houses or taking circa 20k for their 4 bedroomed family home. I'm assuming there isn't anyway near the number of houses replacing the ones knocked down so you do wonder how it all works like.

Would be interesting to see the level of social housing they inherited compared to what they manage now.

The people of Sunderland had their pants taken down with the social housing stock which belonged to the City - getting handed over to the Sunderland Housing Group which then got morphed into Gentoo.
Now Gentoo - and their directors - are raking in the cash big style - all on the back of what was Sunderland's own property.
You couldn't make it up.:rolleyes:

Started out as a social landlord only paid something like £4000 per house then changed into a property developer.they have had everyone's pants down.the cheif exec appointed himself then doubled his own wage.
If the transfer of housing stock was investigated properly I bet it would make Interesting reading.on the new build sites it's something like 1 out of every 5 is available for rent

Born and bred there and ive never heard the term "court estate" ever.

Pretty much 200k by the time you add spec. Sounds like bad value as I presume it will be a pokey 3 bed with a tiny garden.

The people of Sunderland had their pants taken down with the social housing stock which belonged to the City - getting handed over to the Sunderland Housing Group which then got morphed into Gentoo.
Now Gentoo - and their directors - are raking in the cash big style - all on the back of what was Sunderland's own property.
You couldn't make it up.:rolleyes:
Yep. Vast majority of workers at gentoo were council staff

Back