Gentoo new builds Pennywell area

Upthere

Winger
Has anyone got any knowledge/experience of the new builds in the Pennywell area?

Friend of mine was looking and seen the asking price and couldn’t believe it so he’s now unsure. Then we’ve seen comments on Facebook (I know) from the locals who have their concerns.

Can anyone add an option? Don’t want to waste time and effort looking if it’s looking bleak

I dont think that area is a bad one, although pennywell has a bit of a stigma attached to it which it no longer really justifies, so may affect future selling prices.

The houses do seem quite pricey considering location. If the price includes a decent spec kitchen & bathroom, carpets & a fitted wardrobe then maybe more understandable. If you just get nowt more than basic kitchen & bathroom & bare floors like many builders do, then I wouldn't be paying those prices.

They're asking 250k for them the greedy twats. :lol:

Chester Gate, call it what you like it's still pennywell, nowt against the place I was from there but it doesn't have a great reputation tbf.
I dont think that area is a bad one, although pennywell has a bit of a stigma attached to it which it no longer really justifies, so may affect future selling prices.

The houses do seem quite pricey considering location. If the price includes a decent spec kitchen & bathroom, carpets & a fitted wardrobe then maybe more understandable. If you just get nowt more than basic kitchen & bathroom & bare floors like many builders do, then I wouldn't be paying those prices.
It does like.

They're asking 250k for them the greedy twats. :lol:

Chester Gate, call it what you like it's still pennywell, nowt against the place I was from there but it doesn't have a great reputation tbf.

It does like.

It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, and while yes this is still pennywell, it's a decent sized area that's being redeveloped.

Prices are still crackers though

They've given the development its own access onto Chester Road so you'd think they'd fence the other end off from Pennywell rather than building a newer part to it.

Wouldn't mind moving to something newer so been keeping half an eye on the prices of new developments. Doesn't really seem out of line with costs elsewhere.

I had an eye on them releasing more info on this one as well cos the location is handy for getting into the A19. Like all new builds you get very little space for the cash though.

I worked on the 1st phase and the build quality was absolutely shocking, I warned 2 young couples who we know not to buy one but they did anyway and both had bother.
Can’t comment on the new phase though.
Think this is the first phase. Are you thinking of Havelock or Ford developments?

Back