Geneva

Off there next month for a weekend break, Has anyone been before, and if so what recommendations do you have for places to go, eat and drink.
Thanks.
I buried a bag of the Devil's Lettuce in the Park de Anglais in the mid 80s. If I drew you a map could you bring it back?

Have a pop into the Hotel Kempinski to ogle the high end women of the night or a whisky and cigar at Bar Leopold. Just take £300 for a few doubles and a Romeo & Juliet

We thought about flying there with Easyjet for a ski holiday - a one night stay in a hotel was working out more than the rest of the holiday combined.

Very expensive but quite nice. Head down the lake for a bit cheaper and look out for the equivalent of the Red Arrows practising over the lake although this might be a Tuesday morning. Don't cross the road on a red man, an old doll poked me with an umbrella for doing this. Be nice to the girls in the bakeries / patisseries and they might slip you a bit free stuff.
Nah, that's the rest of Switzerland, particularly the German-speaking bits. Here we cross so long as there's no traffic coming (but don't bloody jaywalk when there is traffic coming).

Additionally, the buttons at the pedestrian crossings are not just for show.

Nah, that's the rest of Switzerland, particularly the German-speaking bits. Here we cross so long as there's no traffic coming (but don't bloody jaywalk when there is traffic coming).

Additionally, the buttons at the pedestrian crossings are not just for show.
I got threatened with a fine for crossing on red. I said there was nowt coming - copper said he didn’t care and would find me next time!

Bar beside Maison de la Paix tram stop in half an hour. You can buy me a birthday beer.

I got threatened with a fine for crossing on red. I said there was nowt coming - copper said he didn’t care and would find me next time!

Bar beside Maison de la Paix tram stop in half an hour. You can buy me a birthday beer.
They serve alcohol in that place? Do they give you a discount with your OAP travel pass?

Back