Geneva

Growler

Central Defender
Off there next month for a weekend break, Has anyone been before, and if so what recommendations do you have for places to go, eat and drink.
Thanks.

We were there 2 years ago. There’s a really nice Italian style resuarant on the south bank of the river Rhône near a bridge. Can’t remember what it’s called.

Stock up at Greggs at the Airport Marra, and take some cup-a-soup.

There’s a canny brew pub over the road from Central Station, and just behind that is the red light area, with the shittiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Work must have been laughing their cocks off booking me a room for 65 Euro a night B&B in Geneva

Around London prices, less than Scandinavian cities.

Definitely more expensive than London.

Aye, I've heard it's dead expensive. Got breakfast in the deal, so probably fill our pockets before we head out! I'm going to book a trip to Cern, but I think the wife'll be bored shitless there.

There’s not a huge amount to see at CERN. Don’t have much in the way of recommendations as we stayed with friends but we did a boat trip on the lake which was ok.

Last edited:
Annecy is lovely - and only 45 mins from Geneva on the train. Lots of great restaurants, bars and an absolute absence of the grinding conformity and dullness of the Swiss!

Could be worse - Zurich is even duller.

Back