General Sale

Most people didnt expect us to be here and probably went broke in March. And we shouldn't be here but we are it will still sell out but I am also surprised by how many are left.
This
If this play off was on the calendar when we got thru to CAT final it wouldn't have sold out .This one is more important and you have the Monday off

One excuse I can't stand is can't be arsed.. How fuckin pathetic though? R I can't be arsed to support me team coz we had a bit of a crappy end to the season.. Its not even an excuse from whoever uses it. Its just complete and utterly pathetic.

Not saying your one of them I'm just sick of hearing the can't be arsed shite.
People aren't obliged to attend football matches and not all supporters have the same level of dedication as yourself. Some people just like to go now and then for a couple of hours on a Saturday. So if they can't be arsed with a weekend in London, that's fair enough imo, it's up to them.

Well you were saying it was disappointing we hadn’t sold out. People have offered a few reasons as to why this may be the case so far but you don’t seem to approve of any of the reasons and just keep having little digs at ‘part timers’ and exiles with rolly eyes and what not.
This is a Wembley Final? How many times has that happened in the last 20 years to Sunderland? A chance to see your team at Wembley and people are using our dip in form at the end of the season as a reason not to go. Not criticising, just baffled.

The part timers dig was just wind up man.

Ive been to some of the unglamorous games like Morecambe, Gillingham and Fleetwood but seriously considered duffing this one for mainly financial reasons... Cost of cat 1 tickets are ridiculous for ultimately a third tier play off

There’ll be plenty like you mate. A lot of people on here don’t understand those little nuances sometimes. I think the current criteria to be a proper supporter was to have been at the play off semi final and now have a ticket for the play off final. And it’s ‘embarrassing’ that you weren’t. Previous game attendance is irrelevant; regardless of how little glamour was involved in those games.

Interestingly, some of our own were slating our supporters when there was only 26k there for the play off semi and said that theyd bet everyone came crawling out for Wembley (including ALS) but now sections are expressing disappointment and embarrassment we haven’t sold out.

This is a Wembley Final? How many times has that happened in the last 20 years to Sunderland? A chance to see your team at Wembley and people are using our dip in form at the end of the season as a reason not to go. Not criticising, just baffled.

The part timers dig was just wind up man.

Dip in form? Helluva dip that mind.

When I saw the deal this time I thought. Simple..fast ..and a sell out
That's what the club needed
It hasnt quite worked but they would have chose this from a number of options

Apt Username
yer fella abuse folk cos you dont agree with them!im hurt!

surely this will happen. Apparently not sold 30k as of around 30 mins ago.

Everyone who wants one should get in

Looking at the seat map, we won't be far off 30,000 of the 37,700 allocated. A quick rough count of the seat map is:
Blocks 105-108, 120-123 seats available 612
Blocks 205, 206, 211-214 seats available 966
Blocks 506-514 seats available 207
Thats around 1785 seats

Blocks 515-526 increasing amount available with lots in blocks 521-525. Didn't count them but probably estimate around 5000-6000.

That's assuming all the unavailable blocks have sold out rather than not released.

Sticking to football why be bothered about other fans taking the piss ?
They do it every home game. It's all part of deal
We're in the third tier of English football. I really couldn't give a toss what any other clubs fans think .
is there anything you give a piss about?

Plenty of folk want to buy tickets but can't. UK membership already tarnished. Being able to buy 6 tickets in addition to an initial 1 is by any stretch of the imagination an unfair distribution of tickets amongst a large and diverse support. This desperate fanny on trying to get membership numbers, complicated financial agreements and ticket handovers is taking the piss out of fans and relying on the good nature and willingness to help others of those who qualify to buy now. We can't all afford or attend enough to get a season ticket. On its own terms the UK membership is a bit questionable. I might have bought one if I had known one membership would have let me buy the 4 tickets I would want, but I expected I would need 4 memberships so £160 stopped me. Without the play offs there isn't much in the membership. If I don't get to go that's ok, I don't expect to but with a large allocation thought I might get a reasonable chance. For the Checkatrade I don't remember anyone on here advocating the sales plan of Portsmouth as a good model to follow but that is what the owners have decided. They have shown a lack of faith in the broader base support. Maybe they are right but if they give up that easy after maybe one disappointing attendance v Portsmouth then it doesn't look good for next season if we fail on Sunday.

1 because it was cheap
2 because everyone expected top 2 finish

Simple really.

Back