General Sale

On a functional level no as i guess you are hinting that there are more important things in life..and your right if thats what your getting at!......But i have always had pride in our support and its always been the gel that keeps many of us going over the very long disapointing years.......But this is a footballing forum and i discuss my views about football ......once i switch of the computer you just get on with the more important things in life .............footballing supporters discuss football ,its tribal and its not far removed from the playground. Our loyal support is a badge of honour that will be a little tarnished if we dont sell out ...........I think we will .but if we dont life goes on !
Sticking to football why be bothered about other fans taking the piss ?
They do it every home game. It's all part of deal
We're in the third tier of English football. I really couldn't give a toss what any other clubs fans think .

Loads will aye, there’ll probably also be plenty that don’t as well especially exiles or those living/from outside of Sunderland strongholds.
But these super fans attend loads of away games though,
Maybe the ticket fairy gets them their tickets :rolleyes:

Huge stench of entitlement and fury on this board today

I’m not sure why season ticket holders and members are being invited to order all these extras. That shouldn’t happen IMO
Won't be an issue. There are thousands left and looks like it will go to general sale

Aye. The announcement of the phases was a farce last time, mainly because of the Walsall ticket fiasco. Apart from that, it wasn’t too bad aside from learning how to navigate the website. That wouldn’t be such an issue this time as people would be more familiar.

It should have been simply Phase 1: ST holders and members to secure their own tickets, Phase 2: Recent purchase history (this season and / or last) and then Phase 3: general sale if necessary.

I’m not sure why season ticket holders and members are being invited to order all these extras. That shouldn’t happen IMO
When I saw the deal this time I thought. Simple..fast ..and a sell out
That's what the club needed
It hasnt quite worked but they would have chose this from a number of options

Nobody really cares anything about football !its just not important enough!:lol:
Apt Username

Last edited:
Staggering that Phase 2 ends at 08.30 in the morning, and with thousands of tickets still available, there has been no announcement from the club regarding Phase 3.
There must be a good few thousand supporters who want tickets, sitting wondering what the fuck is going on.
Fucked up with this stupid membership farce

Really surprised and disappointed that we haven't sold out
Not that I don't want phase 3 to happen and I hope that we DO sell out after Phase 3 but I find it amazing that we sell more and quicker for the Check-a-f***ing-trade trophy than our most important game in years

Most people didnt expect us to be here and probably went broke in March. And we shouldn't be here but we are it will still sell out but I am also surprised by how many are left.

Sticking to football why be bothered about other fans taking the piss ?
They do it every home game. It's all part of deal
We're in the third tier of English football. I really couldn't give a toss what any other clubs fans think .
My sentiments exactly.
Aye. The announcement of the phases was a farce last time, mainly because of the Walsall ticket fiasco. Apart from that, it wasn’t too bad aside from learning how to navigate the website. That wouldn’t be such an issue this time as people would be more familiar.

It should have been simply Phase 1: ST holders and members to secure their own tickets, Phase 2: Recent purchase history (this season and / or last) and then Phase 3: general sale if necessary.

I thought I read earlier that Wembley does not allow a club to sell general sale.

Don't understand this either but suppose they thought it would help sell out quicker.
Didn't we also offer a lot of criticism to Pompey for doing this and all the problems it caused on the day.

To be fair if we hadn't reached that final I am sure this one would have sold out easily. A lot of people are probably skint after that one and as we have only just been it's not such a novelty.
Ive been to some of the unglamorous games like Morecambe, Gillingham and Fleetwood but seriously considered duffing this one for mainly financial reasons... Cost of cat 1 tickets are ridiculous for ultimately a third tier play off

Think after the semi no show we have tried to do the Pompey thing of having a bit of a free for all and hoping to shift them all early, let the fans organize getting tickets to people etc.

Maybe a criticism of the owners is that they don't know our fan base all that well, we are certainly different to Eastleigh and Oxford.

1. ST holders.
2. Memberships/Purchase History of three+games this season.
3. General Sale.

Plus busses laid on for a couple of quid each would have seen them shift I think.

Make it simple. Make it cheap. People are, rightly, cautious of being taken for a ride when they don't have a lot of spare cash and I think the membership appears like that to some.

But these super fans attend loads of away games though,
Maybe the ticket fairy gets them their tickets :rolleyes:

Huge stench of entitlement and fury on this board today

Won't be an issue. There are thousands left and looks like it will go to general sale

Well you were saying it was disappointing we hadn’t sold out. People have offered a few reasons as to why this may be the case so far but you don’t seem to approve of any of the reasons and just keep having little digs at ‘part timers’ and exiles with rolly eyes and what not.

Back